VIDEO: Here’s the moment Michael Cohen returns home from federal prison over coronavirus concerns
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WashingtonPost:
Michael Cohen, a former personal lawyer to President Trump, was released from federal prison to home confinement Thursday as part of the Justice Department’s push to stem the spread of the coronavirus among inmates, his attorney said.
Jeffrey Levine said he had spoken with Cohen about 9 a.m. The lawyer said he probably would issue a statement later in the day, after speaking further with Cohen.
The article goes on to state the following:
Cohen pleaded guilty in 2018 in two separate criminal cases. In the first, he admitted to campaign finance violations stemming from payments made before the 2016 election to women who alleged having affairs with Trump years earlier. The president has denied their claims. In the second, Cohen admitted to lying to Congress about a Moscow real estate project Trump and his company pursued while Trump was trying to secure the Republican presidential nomination.
Cohen was sentenced to three years in prison, and has been incarcerated since May 6, 2019. He is now reportedly expected to serve the remainder of his time in home confinement.
NBC News posted a video of the moment Cohen stepped out of a car and returned to his upscale New York City apartment located on Trump Park Avenue. WATCH:
— NBC News (@NBCNews) May 21, 2020
Michael Cohen released from federal prison over coronavirus concerns https://t.co/kjlor5UpJ2
— Seung Min Kim (@seungminkim) May 21, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WashingtonPost. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WashingtonPost
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Court blocks White House from suspending reporter for INCREDIBLE reason
- REPORT: Couple suspected of killing 8-year-old maid
- WATCH: Stunning moment Washington Monument struck by lightning, 2 park police also injured
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton asks appeals court to help her dodge Judicial Watch deposition on emails and Benghazi
- BREAKING: Biden releases statement, formally clinches Democratic presidential nomination
- REPORT: AOC stuns party by endorsing powerful incumbent’s primary rival
- REPORT: Dem AG: Letting America Burn Is the Path to Growth
- REPORT: Liberal governor pardons illegal set for deportation, DML responds
- VIDEO: Biden mistakenly refers to Sanders as ‘the president’ during debate
- REPORT: Democrats ask for investigation of DOJ decision to drop Flynn case [READ LETTER]