VIDEO: GOP state senator introduces bill that would ban sex ed in elementary, middle schools
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A bill introduced to the Arizona Senate would ban sex education in elementary and in middle schools in the state before seventh grade.
According to the Arizona Capitol Times, the bill also deletes verbiage in existing school materials that discusses homosexuality.
The article goes on to state the following:
The bill was introduced by Arizona state Sen. Sylvia Allen (R), who chairs the Senate Education Committee. The committee will hold a hearing on the bill next week.
Opponents see the bill say ignoring homosexuality in sex education may lead to increased health risks for LGBTQ students. They also say it’s an attempt to undo the repeal of the “No Promo Homo” law. The law banned schools from “promoting homosexuality” or “suggesting that some methods of sex are safe methods of homosexual sex.”
Watch as the View debates this bill..
After Republican Sen. Sylvia Allen of Arizona proposed a bill that would bar teaching sex education in schools prior to seventh grade, “The View” co-hosts discussed what the appropriate age is to have those conversations. https://t.co/w4hZR2pNe0
— The View (@TheView) January 10, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- Gowdy comments on possible Bolton testimony: ‘Why’
- VIDEO: Why Ted Cruz should be leading Senate impeachment trial
- VIDEO: GOP senator calls CNN reporter a ‘liberal hack’ when asked about Parnas materials
- BREAKING: Senate gives major win to Trump, passes USMCA in sweeping vote, Schumer and Sanders reveal why they voted ‘no’
- TRUMP TWEET: Responds to Pelosi’s announcement on impeachment managers
- REPORT: Pelosi posts record fundraising haul for 2019
- BREAKING: Iraqi refugee launches GOP challenge to Ilhan Omar: ‘She needs to be stopped’ [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Artist paints Michelle Obama, Hillary Clinton, AOC, other women as battered in campaign against domestic violence [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Collins releases statement about calling witnesses for impeachment trial
- REPORT: DOJ investigating leaks on Russian document that influenced how Comey handled Clinton emails