VIDEO: GOP lawmaker praises Trump for canceling the meeting with Taliban leaders
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Rep. Michael Waltz (R-Fla.) on Saturday knocked President Trump’s canceled meeting with Taliban leader at Camp David, shortly after Trump announced he wasn’t moving forward with the secret meeting.
Appearing on CNN Sunday, Waltz said “as we head into the anniversary of 9/11, I do not ever want to see these terrorists step foot on the United States soil. Period.” “I can understand the president’s frustration. Heck, the American people’s frustration. This war has been long, hard and costly,” Waltz said of Trump’s attempts to deal with the Taliban in order to end the U.S. involvement in the conflict, according to a clip of the interview shared by Mediate. “But that doesn’t mean that we can just walk away or just wish away these wars.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Trump last week said he canceled the meeting after the Taliban claimed credit for a recent deadly attack in Kabul that killed 11 civilians and a U.S. service member.
Waltz said he doesn’t believe the Taliban have shown any desire for peace.
Waltz noted that his problem with the peace talks “is with the terms of the deal as we understand them now. I don’t think we are getting hardly anything in exchange for withdrawing our forces.”
“I’m urging the president to walk away from this deal as it stands,” the first-term lawmaker added.
In a tweet Sunday, Waltz praised Trump for canceling the planned peace talks.
Rep. Michael Waltz: “I don’t ever want to see again as we head into the anniversary of 9/11, I do not ever want to see these terrorists step foot on United States soil. Period.” https://t.co/GaprErfrSj pic.twitter.com/JqOibLZcHP
— The Hill (@thehill) September 8, 2019
Smart move by @realDonaldTrump to cancel talks with the Taliban, who have repeatedly shown they’re not negotiating in good faith, nor can they prevent terrorism from resurging on their own soil.
— Rep. Michael Waltz (@RepMichaelWaltz) September 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- GOT TO SEE: Joy Villa shocks liberals with Pro-Trump dress at Grammys
- WHY DO THIS TO TRUMP? Fox News Poll reveals anti-Trump sentiment
- WOW! Amazing video of New Yorkers lifting a car to get woman out from underneath
- HYPOCRISY: Dems seeking to impeach Trump for blocking aid to Ukraine, voted against the same thing
- VIDEO: Schiff says Trump tweet is ‘intended to be’ a threat
- VIDEO: Dershowitz speaks out on case Democrats laid out in Senate trial
- UPDATE: FIFTH coronavirus case now confirmed in US; infection can spread before symptoms show
- BREAKING: Three rockets make ‘direct hit’ on US Embassy in Baghdad
- UPDATE: Coach identified as one of helicopter crash victims
- REPORT: Biden shares why he believes he is polling well with black voters at NAACP event