VIDEO: Germany’s Angela Merkel rails against free speech, Trump Jr. responds
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by BREITBART.COM:
Chancellor Angela Merkel railed against free speech in the German parliament, declaring that freedom of expression which offends “the dignity of other people” must be censored to secure a truly free society.
“We have freedom of expression,” the migrant crisis architect began dubiously, in a speech to the German federal parliament, or Bundestag, uploaded to social media by state broadcaster Deutsche Welle (DW).
The article goes on to state the following:
“For all those who claim that they can no longer express their opinion, I say this to them: If you express a pronounced opinion, you must live with the fact that you will be contradicted. Expressing an opinion does not come at zero cost!” she warned ominously, to applause from the assembled politicians.
Merkel then added the line that raised many eyebrows: “But freedom of expression has its limits. Those limits begin where hatred is spread. They begin where the dignity of other people is violated! This house will and must oppose extreme speech. Otherwise our society will no longer be the free society that it was.”
Donald Trump Jr. responded to a video of Merkel’s speech by tweeting, “Wow… well at least they’re not even pretending anymore. The left will stop at nothing till they have full control of how you’re allowed to think.”
Wow… well at least they’re not even pretending anymore. The left will stop at nothing till they have full control of how you’re allowed to think. https://t.co/PEqxnaH33K
— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) November 30, 2019
“Hate speech” is defined by those with the power to legislate against it.
The state must never be trusted to set the limits of acceptable speech.
It is very sinister to see such authoritarian ideas endorsed in the name of “freedom”.pic.twitter.com/eaVIZot7Pg
— Andrew Doyle (@andrewdoyle_com) November 29, 2019
‘Freedom of Expression Has Its Limits!’ – Merkel Rails Against Free Speech https://t.co/7hNcECE4Bj
— Breitbart London (@BreitbartLondon) November 30, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit BREITBART.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting BREITBART.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- BREAKING: FBI Treating Pensacola Navy Shooting as Terrorism
- REPORT: Omar to hit campaign trail with 2020 frontrunner in New Hampshire
- REPORT: Dozens of counties declare themselves ‘Second Amendment sanctuaries’ after Democrats win state legislature
- READ: House Judiciary report laying out grounds for impeachment
- REPORT: Trump names new deputy chief of staff
- BREAKING: Suspect identified as Saudi national in shooting at naval base, multiple dead
- REPORT: Doubts surface on Schiff’s phone record claims on Giuliani after WH says he has wrong number
- BREAKING: Democrat says he expects to oppose articles of impeachment against Trump