VIDEO: Fox News contributor blames Epstein plea deal on Obama administration
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Fox News contributor Lawrence Jones III incorrectly blamed former President Barack Obama on Tuesday for the lenient plea deal that registered sex offender Jeffrey Epstein received in 2008.
Epstein, who was charged with sex trafficking and conspiracy Monday, previously got the plea agreement after pleading guilty to two state-level prostitution solicitation charges back in 2008. Current Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta, the former U.S. attorney for the Southern District of Florida, was instrumental in Epstein’s plea deal, which had Epstein serve 13 months in a county jail, pay restitution to certain victims, and register as a sex offender.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Well, I don’t think people are taking a total look at this. Because there’s a lot of things that go into these decisions. A: when it’s someone like this involved, this does not skip Washington. That means that AG knew about it, that means the investigative agency, the FBI, Bob Mueller, —” Jones said before being cut off.
Epstein’s plea deal was decided during the Bush administration. Obama was inaugurated in January, 2009.
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: CBS’s Gayle King asks Pressley whether calling Trump ‘occupant’ of the Oval Office is respectful
- VIDEO: ‘Morning Joe’ drags out nearly 30-yr-old footage of Trump with Jeffrey Epstein at Mar-a-Lago party
- BREAKING: Major development in sexual assault case against actor Kevin Spacey
- REPORT: Republican support for Trump shifts after his ‘go back’ tweets
- REPORT: Here are the 95 Democrats who voted to support impeachment
- BREAKING: Judge makes sudden announcement on probe tied to Trump hush-money payments
- REPORT: NBC Fails To Mention Democrat Who Entered Mar-A-Lago Alongside Epstein In 1992
- BREAKING: Results: House votes on resolution to impeach Trump
- REPORT: House Dems Unload On ‘The Squad’ — ‘It Makes People’s Skin Crawl’
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez gets new 2020 challenger: a Republican immigrant