VIDEO: Former campaign staffer charged with murdering ex-senator
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by ABCNews.GO.com:
An Arkansas woman was charged Monday with capital murder in the killing of a former state senator whose body was found outside her own home.
A judge also found probable cause to charge 48-year-old Rebecca Lynn O’Donnell with abuse of a corpse and tampering with physical evidence, Jonesboro television station KAIT reported. The judge did not set bond for O’Donnell, who was arrested Friday in former Sen. Linda Collins’ death.
The article goes on to state the following:
Authorities haven’t said how or when Collins was killed. The day after her body was found, a judge granted prosecutors’ request to seal all documents and statements obtained by police during the investigation.
The Washington Examiner further reported:
Ken Yang, a former press secretary for Collins-Smith, 57, said that she and O’Donnell were friends and that O’Donnell had worked on her campaign in the past.
Collins-Smith, 57, spent one term in the state House as a Democrat before switching parties in 2011. She won election to the state Senate in 2014 as a Republican. She lost reelection in the GOP primary last year.
After O’Donnell’s arrest, Collins-Smith’s family issued a statement: “We are sickened and upset that someone so close to Linda, would be involved in such a terrible, heartless crime. We would like to thank everyone for the continued prayers and thoughts for our family during this difficult time.”
NEW: A judge has found probable cause Monday to charge 48-year-old Rebecca Lynn O’Donnell of Pocahontas, Arkansas with capital murder, abuse of a corpse, and tampering with physical evidence charges in the death of former State Senator Linda Collins. https://t.co/IojAlxMC4W pic.twitter.com/KTmTJzZ0Nq
— World News Tonight (@ABCWorldNews) June 17, 2019
According to our content partner KAIT Region 8 News, Rebecca Lynn O’Donnell faces charges of tampering with physical evidence and abuse of a corpse. She was arrested in the killing of former Arkansas senator Linda Collins.https://t.co/LYZxVMX9Ea #arnews
— Stephanie Bennett (@StephKATV) June 17, 2019
Rebecca Lynn O’Donnell, 48, was arrested in connection with the death of former state Sen. Linda Collins, according to authorities. What Collins’ family said about the arrest: https://t.co/XnRQUSzliX
— AR Democrat-Gazette (@ArkansasOnline) June 15, 2019
https://t.co/fw3e4WXY2d Former campaign staffer held in shooting death of ex-Arkansas state senators
Arkansas Police identified the suspect as Rebecca Lynn O’Donnell has been arrested in connection with this month’s shooting death of former Arkansas state Sen. Linda Collins-Smith
— taiwanjuli (@taiwanjuli) June 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit ABCNews.GO.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting ABCNews.GO.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Schiff makes announcement on releasing impeachment inquiry transcripts to the public
- REPORT: Impeachment gets real: McConnell gives Senate Republicans tutorial on Trump trial
- REPORT: Democrats name Cummings replacement for acting chair of House Oversight Committee
- VIDEO: Trump called Pelosi a ‘third-rate politician’ during Syria meeting, top Democrats say
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham threatens to become ‘Trump’s worst nightmare’
- TRUMP TWEET: Releases statement on death of Elijah Cummings
- BREAKING: House votes on resolution rebuking Trump over withdrawal of U.S. forces from Syria
- Trump Tweets: ‘The Do Nothing Democrats’ and ‘Nervous Nancy’s Unhinged Meltdown’ [PICTURES]
- VIDEO: Pelosi doubles down on Trump ‘meltdown’: ‘We have to pray for his health’
- BREAKING: Democrat Congressman Elijah Cummings dies suddenly