VIDEO: A Florida man disappeared in 1997. Google Earth just revealed his fate.
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
It took 22 years, but a missing man’s remains were finally found thanks to someone who zoomed in on his former Florida neighborhood with Google satellite images and noticed a car submerged in a lake, authorities said. The skeletal remains were of William Moldt, who went missing in 1997 at the age of 40, according to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office.
Sheriff’s office spokeswoman Teri Barbera said on Thursday that a previous resident of the Grand Isles neighborhood in Wellington, Florida, was checking the neighborhood on Google Earth when he zoomed into the lake and saw what looked like a car.
The article goes on to state the following:
The former resident contacted a current homeowner, who used a drone to confirm it was a white car on the edge of the pond behind his house. The man called the sheriff’s office on Aug. 28, and deputies later arrived to find the white sedan’s exterior “heavily calcified and was obviously in the water for a significant amount of time.” After they got the car out, they found the skeletal remains inside.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement:
“A previous resident living in Grand Isles was doing a “google search” on google earth, in the area and noticed what appeared to be a vehicle in the pond behind a residence. That previous resident contacted the current resident living on Moon Bay Circle and advised he noticed what appears to be a vehicle in a pond behind his home. The current resident activated his personal drone and confirmed what the previous resident saw and immediately contacted PBSO.
“Upon arrival deputies confirmed there was a vehicle in the pond. The vehicle’s exterior was heavily calcified and was obviously in the water for a significant amount of time. Upon removing the vehicle skeleton remains were found inside.
“Detectives and Crime Scene responded and assumed the investigation. The vehicle and the remains were towed to the Medical Examiner’s Office for processing.
“On September 10, 2019, the remains were positively identified as William Moldt, who was reported missing on November 8, 1997.”
To get more information about this article, please visit CBSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CBSNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Donald Trump Jr walks off stage at book launch after heckling – from supporters
- BREAKING: U.S. judge issues ruling on Trump lawsuit to block House from getting his state tax returns
- BREAKING: Pentagon official makes allegations about Trump and Ukraine in testimony [READ TRANSCRIPT]
- BREAKING: Mexico makes arrests in massacre of American women, children -minister
- REPORT: Rex Tillerson speaks out after Haley accusation
- BREAKING: Longtime Republican congressman announces he will not seek re-election in 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Veteran rips into NYC anti-Trump protesters in fiery confrontation [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Details emerge of how Trump saved the NYC Veterans Day Parade nearly 20 years ago
- VIDEO: Trump NYC Veterans Day speech met with protests
- REPORT: House Dem.: Americans Will Be ‘Startled’ by ‘Virtuous’ Witnesses — It Will Be ‘Game-Changer’