VIDEO: Epstein lawyer Alan Dershowitz defends plea agreement
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Lawyer Alan Dershowitz, who represented billionaire financier Jeffrey Epstein in a 2008 plea agreement in which Epstein was given just 13 months in prison, has defended the agreement, saying that the job of a defense attorney is to get the best deal possible.
In a CBS interview that aired Wednesday, Dershowitz said that although he did not know the extent of the allegations against Epstein, he would defend his client the same way all over again.
Dershowitz also claimed that he had never seen Epstein with underage girls, and said he was “shocked” by the allegations. The article goes on to state the following:
“No. Oh, no. If I had ever seen Jeffrey Epstein in any inappropriate situation with an underage girl, I would’ve terminated my relationship and turned him in. No way,” Dershowitz said. “We were shocked by the allegations, but as a criminal lawyer, being shocked by an allegation doesn’t mean that I won’t defend somebody.”
— The Hill (@thehill) July 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: CBS’s Gayle King asks Pressley whether calling Trump ‘occupant’ of the Oval Office is respectful
- VIDEO: ‘Morning Joe’ drags out nearly 30-yr-old footage of Trump with Jeffrey Epstein at Mar-a-Lago party
- BREAKING: Major development in sexual assault case against actor Kevin Spacey
- REPORT: Republican support for Trump shifts after his ‘go back’ tweets
- REPORT: Here are the 95 Democrats who voted to support impeachment
- BREAKING: Judge makes sudden announcement on probe tied to Trump hush-money payments
- REPORT: NBC Fails To Mention Democrat Who Entered Mar-A-Lago Alongside Epstein In 1992
- BREAKING: Results: House votes on resolution to impeach Trump
- REPORT: House Dems Unload On ‘The Squad’ — ‘It Makes People’s Skin Crawl’
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez gets new 2020 challenger: a Republican immigrant