VIDEO: Epidemiologist evaluates if coronavirus can be contracted more than once
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Dr. David Heymann, an epidemiology professor serving as a special advisor to the World Health Organization, said Sunday it’s not yet known if people who have been infected with the coronavirus develop an immunity to it.
The idea of releasing people who have been infected and recovered from the virus back into the workforce has been floated by officials as a possible next step in managing the crisis.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Do you have any reason to believe that once someone is infected that they then become immune? Or do you think this virus will hit in waves again and again?” CBS’s “Face the Nation” host Margaret Brennan asked Heymann.
Heymann responded, “It’s too early to say for sure. Hopefully there will be a solid immunity that develops so that vaccines can be developed that will be effective and other means of prevention will be possible.”
— The Hill (@thehill) March 29, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Lindsey Graham predicts Biden’s vice presidential pick
- VIDEO: Kayleigh McEnany responds to reports she voted by mail 11 times
- BREAKING: Minneapolis cop Derek Chauvin subject of complaints before George Floyd’s death
- POLL: Do you support Trump’s executive order to crack down on social media giants? [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: Retired INS agent rips into Governor Cuomo, reveals corruption over nursing home deaths [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Trey Gowdy minces no words as he weighs in on George Floyd death
- VIDEO: Dozens arrested at wild NYC protest over death of George Floyd
- VIDEO: Professor who predicted Trump’s 2016 win explains who he thinks will win between Trump/Biden
- REPORT: Probe: Senior Trump admin official used office for personal gain, investigators say
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton launches accusation at Trump about ‘calling for violence’