VIDEO: Epidemiologist evaluates if coronavirus can be contracted more than once
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Dr. David Heymann, an epidemiology professor serving as a special advisor to the World Health Organization, said Sunday it’s not yet known if people who have been infected with the coronavirus develop an immunity to it.
The idea of releasing people who have been infected and recovered from the virus back into the workforce has been floated by officials as a possible next step in managing the crisis.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Do you have any reason to believe that once someone is infected that they then become immune? Or do you think this virus will hit in waves again and again?” CBS’s “Face the Nation” host Margaret Brennan asked Heymann.
Heymann responded, “It’s too early to say for sure. Hopefully there will be a solid immunity that develops so that vaccines can be developed that will be effective and other means of prevention will be possible.”
— The Hill (@thehill) March 29, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Ted Cruz torches Rosenstein on Russia probe in blistering grilling
- EXCLUSIVE: NYPD commissioner shares video of cops finding bricks left for looters
- BREAKING: Senate votes on House-passed Paycheck Protection Program reform bill
- VIDEO: 2 NYPD cops shot, another stabbed in neck during ‘unprovoked’ attack
- REPORT: Democrat senator calls for Barr to resign over order to clear protests
- REPORT: Florida city becomes first to ban gun sales and carry during ’emergency declaration’
- REPORT: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to NFL team, ‘Change your name’
- BREAKING: Pelosi says House will soon announce sweeping police reform legislation
- TRUMP TWEETS: Rips into Sen. Lisa Murkowski with fire and fury!
- VIDEOS: Bronx streets descend into chaos as looters run wild: ‘Fordham is on fire’