VIDEO: Elijah Cummings goes ballistic at DHS head during hearing
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Rep. Elijah Cummings, the chairman of the House Oversight Committee, shouted down acting Secretary of Homeland Security Kevin McAleenan over conditions in migrant camps during a hearing on Thursday.
“We’re doing our level best in a challenging —,” McAleenan said before being cut off by Cummings, who went on a two minute rant about border conditions.
The article goes on to state the following:
“What does that mean? What does that mean when a child is sitting in their own feces, can’t take a shower? Come on, man,” Cummings said to McAleenan. “None of us would have our children in that position. They are human beings.”
“I get tired of folks saying, ‘Oh, oh, they just beating up on the Border Patrol. Oh, they just beating up on Homeland Security.’ What I am saying, is I want to concentrate on these children. And I want to make sure that they are OK,” Cummings added. “We are the greatest country in the world. We are the ones that can go anywhere in the world and save people, make sure they have diapers, make sure they have toothbrushes, make sure they’re not laying around defecating in some silver paper.”
“Come on. We’re better than that. And I don’t want us to lose sight of that. When we are dancing with the angels, these children will be dealing with the issues that have been presented to them. How do you say to a two-year-old, ‘Your mother, we can’t find your mother, but we can find her keys. We can find her keys. Got your mama’s keys?’ So, I just think we can do better. And we can go on and on and on, but I’m hoping that we will see some immediate improvements. I just want to see an improvement.”
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: New sexual misconduct accusation leveled against Kavanaugh, echoes previous allegation
- REPORT: Baby born on 9/11 at 9:11 weighing 9 pounds, 11 ounces [PICTURES]
- REPORT: DC flies US flags with 51 stars ahead of statehood hearing
- REPORT: Mike Flynn Is Finally Fighting Back
- POLL: Do you like MAGA or KAG?
- REPORT: Pelosi claims to know why multiple Republicans are retiring
- REPORT: Trooper Attacked, Left With Serious Facial Injuries After Routine Traffic Stop
- REPORT: Union County high school teacher reportedly told students VP Pence should be ‘shot in the head’
- VIDEO: Portland crowd boos during on-field Armed Forces swearing-in on 9/11
- REPORT: Even baby boomers are way behind on retirement savings