VIDEO: ‘I didn’t want to give the press the pleasure’: Trump taunts media over mask wearing
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Despite warnings by state officials ahead of his visit to a Ford manufacturing plant in Michigan, President Trump didn’t publicly wear a mask during his tour of the facility.
Michigan’s attorney general had warned the president earlier in the day by appearing on CNN and writing an open letter to the president that it’s state law to wear a mask amid the coronavirus pandemic. Dana Nessel, a Democrat, requested Trump adhere to Democratic Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s executive order on face coverings in the state, saying it’s his “legal responsibility” to follow the law.
The article goes on to state the following:
Trump’s personal decision not to wear a mask has been in the interest of much of the media and public officials alike.
When asked why he didn’t wear a mask in the facility, Trump replied, “”Well, I did. I had one on before. I wore one in this back area. But I didn’t want to give the press the pleasure of seeing it.”
Reporter: Mr. President, why did you decide not to wear a mask?
Trump: “Well, I did. I had one on before. I wore one in this back area. But I didn’t want to give the press the pleasure of seeing it.” pic.twitter.com/KMLZQEFTA4
— Breaking911 (@Breaking911) May 21, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Incredible video of undercover officer disarming man who stole rifle from police
- VIDEO: Dallas business owner trying to defend store beaten and stoned by rioters – DML responds
- BREAKING: Historic church near White House set on fire by rioters [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Dozens rendered unconscious by Minneapolis police neckholds in past five years
- VIDEO: Some police officers support protesters by taking a knee
- REPORT: Cuomo calls for independent investigations into all police brutality allegations
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton launches accusation at Trump about ‘calling for violence’
- REPORT: Sessions Admits Trump’s Frustration With Russia Probe ‘Not All Unjustified’
- EXCLUSIVE: Single mom, physician assistant posts blistering open letter to Gov. Cuomo [READ]
- VIDEO: Minnesota governor makes announcement authorizing National Guard