VIDEO: Devin Nunes: DOJ inspector general may know the truth about when Christopher Steele…
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Rep. Devin Nunes said the Justice Department inspector general may now be able to find out when British ex-spy Christopher Steele first briefed the FBI about his anti-Trump research as part of an investigation into alleged abuse of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.
The California Republican reacted to news Tuesday that DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s team conducted a two-day interview with Steele, the author of the unsubstantiated and salacious dossier attacking President Trump that was used by the FBI to obtain FISA warrants to surveil onetime Trump campaign aide Carter Page.
The article goes on to state the following:
Although Nunes called this a “good development,” he also said there is one significant caveat that stands in the way of a potential breakthrough considering he believes Steele’s sources are dubious at best.
Devin Nunes said the DOJ IG may know the truth about when the FBI was first briefed on dossier "if" Christopher Steele was honest in interview. Nunes doubts the FBI's assertion the counterintel probe into Trump's campaign began in July 2016 https://t.co/NMfq01QCaX — @dcexaminer pic.twitter.com/XLtADLxujW
— Daniel Chaitin (@danielchaitin7) July 10, 2019
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) July 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Schiff makes announcement on releasing impeachment inquiry transcripts to the public
- REPORT: Democrats name Cummings replacement for acting chair of House Oversight Committee
- REPORT: Impeachment gets real: McConnell gives Senate Republicans tutorial on Trump trial
- VIDEO: Trump called Pelosi a ‘third-rate politician’ during Syria meeting, top Democrats say
- TRUMP TWEET: Releases statement on death of Elijah Cummings
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham threatens to become ‘Trump’s worst nightmare’
- BREAKING: House votes on resolution rebuking Trump over withdrawal of U.S. forces from Syria
- Trump Tweets: ‘The Do Nothing Democrats’ and ‘Nervous Nancy’s Unhinged Meltdown’ [PICTURES]
- VIDEO: Pelosi doubles down on Trump ‘meltdown’: ‘We have to pray for his health’
- BREAKING: Democrat Congressman Elijah Cummings dies suddenly