VIDEO: Court rules on salary for Judge accused of aiding wanted illegal immigrant
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CBSLOCAL.COM:
BOSTON (CBS) — The judge charged with helping an immigrant escape a federal agent waiting to arrest him at a courthouse will have her salary reinstated, the Massachusetts Supreme Court ruled. Newton District Court Judge Shelley Joseph was suspended on April 25 after she was indicted on federal charges of obstruction of justice.
“Our order suspending Judge Joseph without pay should be vacated and that instead she should be suspended with pay, and receive all salary and other benefits that would have been due to her if this order had been made on April 25, 2019,” said Tuesday’s court hearing.
The article goes on to state the following:
Joseph’s attorney had argued stripping Joseph of her pay as soon as she was charged goes against the presumption of innocence.
Her suspension remains in place.
Salary Reinstated For Judge Accused Of Aiding Wanted Immigrant https://t.co/yfqhh9O3Yz
— WBZ | CBS Boston News (@wbz) August 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CBSLOCAL.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CBSLOCAL.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Celebrity chef passes away at age 44
- VIDEO: Schiff says he finally found the key to justify impeachment
- VIDEO: Missing Florida girl shown tied up and crying in Instagram video call, family tells police
- REPORT: GRAPHIC: Half-eaten remains of migrant found on Texas ranch near border
- VIDEO: Biden’s campaign likely coming to an end, thanks to Clinton-linked Ukraine bombshell, Nunes says
- Biden gives contentious, finger-pointing answer to reporter over Ukraine question
- REPORT: Pelosi opens door to impeachment
- VIDEO: Florida woman jailed after video of her kicking and choking dog goes viral
- REPORT: Coca-Cola’s surprising new flavor is ‘super difficult to track down’
- BREAKING: 3 dead, others hospitalized in Pittsburgh ‘medical situation’