VIDEO: Cargo ship overturns near Georgia port, 4 crew members missing, Coast Guard says
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
Four crew members are unaccounted for after a large cargo ship overturned and caught fire near a major port in Georgia early Sunday, according to the U.S. Coast Guard.
The Coast Guard’s Seventh District said on Twitter that it was joined by local agencies with “multiple rescue assets” on the scene after the Golden Ray cargo vessel was “listing heavily” near St. Simons Sound in Brunswick, Ga.
The article goes on to state the following:
The Coast Guard said there were 23 crew members and one pilot on board. All but four crew members have been safely evacuated from the ship, a 656-foot vehicle carrier.
“We’re still conducting rescue operations. They continue to do what they can,” Coard Guard Lt. Llyod Heflin said at a Sunday afternoon news conference. “It is a complex situation.”
#Update Evacuations of the Golden Ray’s crew continue. All vessel traffic in the Port of Brunswick is currently suspended unless approved by the @USCG Captain of the Port. #HappeningNow pic.twitter.com/F7JbdGCShU
— USCGSoutheast (@USCGSoutheast) September 8, 2019
— Orlando Sentinel (@orlandosentinel) September 8, 2019
The Coast Guard says 20 of the 24 people aboard a cargo ship that overturned off the coast of Brunswick, Ga., have been accounted for. They’re still working to determine the cause of the incident. https://t.co/S0mhi4uZqn
— NPR (@NPR) September 8, 2019
Rescuers were searching Sunday for four crew members of a cargo ship that overturned and caught fire near a port on the Georgia coast, the U.S. Coast Guard said.https://t.co/9zKhpwgfmY
— WTVC NewsChannel 9 (@newschannelnine) September 8, 2019
Coast Guard searches for four missing crew members after 656FT cargo ship carrying vehicles turns on its side off the Georgia coast https://t.co/rcDEKwSUjj
— Daily Mail US (@DailyMail) September 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: New sexual misconduct accusation leveled against Kavanaugh, echoes previous allegation
- REPORT: Baby born on 9/11 at 9:11 weighing 9 pounds, 11 ounces [PICTURES]
- REPORT: DC flies US flags with 51 stars ahead of statehood hearing
- REPORT: Mike Flynn Is Finally Fighting Back
- POLL: Do you like MAGA or KAG?
- REPORT: Trooper Attacked, Left With Serious Facial Injuries After Routine Traffic Stop
- VIDEO: Portland crowd boos during on-field Armed Forces swearing-in on 9/11
- BREAKING: Trump confirms death of Osama bin Laden’s son
- VIDEO: Horrifying Attack Unfolds On Man In Ilhan Omar’s District
- REPORT: Even baby boomers are way behind on retirement savings