VIDEO: ‘Bomb cyclone’ to sock central US with blizzard conditions, severe weather, raging winds for up to 70 million
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
A late-season storm system is forecast to explode over the central U.S. on Wednesday, becoming a “bomb cyclone” as it slams the region with blizzard conditions, heavy rains and fierce winds that threaten to snarl travel for tens of millions.
The National Weather Service said the “highly impactful winter storm” will intensify over the Central Rockies before pushing eastward through the Central Plains. The storm is expected to reach the criteria of a “bomb cyclone” because it’s going to strengthen by dropping 24 millibars in 24 hours, according to Fox News Senior Meteorologist Janice Dean.
The article goes on to state the following:
“70 million people will potentially be affected by this storm system across the Plains states, bringing blizzard conditions, potential tornadoes and flash flooding,” Dean said Wednesday on “FOX & friends.”
An incredible storm system is taking shape in the central U.S. with blizzard conditions & high winds across several states. Travel will be treacherous in locations, and the combo of snow and wind will likely lead to power outages. Find your local office – https://t.co/NNXwXbQUSd pic.twitter.com/Yr6FAjFIzO
— NWS (@NWS) March 13, 2019
Quick overview on the powerful winter storm headed for Colorado. Please cancel any travel plans Wednesday afternoon and evening especially east of I-25, and stay tuned for further updates! #COwx pic.twitter.com/sogNBlfxWs
— NWS Boulder (@NWSBoulder) March 12, 2019
An area of moderate to heavy rainfall is moving into the area and will last through the early afternoon. Winds will really pick up around noon with gusts up to 40-50mph. This will be a strong S to N wind so travel on any E-W roadways will be difficult. pic.twitter.com/T8oDaTEY8r
— NWS Kansas City (@NWSKansasCity) March 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- EXCLUSIVE: Comey responds after Trump orders declassification of surveillance documents
- REPORT: Schiff lambasts Trump’s order to intel agencies to cooperate with Barr probe
- BREAKING: Trump strikes, orders declassification of documents, cooperation with Barr
- POLL: Do you support Trump’s move to declassify documents related to the surveillance of his campaign?
- BREAKING: Facebook announces decision on viral doctored Pelosi video
- REPORT: Pelosi’s daughter launches Twitterstorm, rips altered videos
- REPORT: Edward Snowden issues statement after Julian Assange charged with espionage
- REPORT: Mother and twin daughters starved to death in apartment
- BREAKING: Lone Republican blocks House passage of disaster relief bill
- REPORT: New details emerge on judge who upheld subpoenas on Trump’s bank records