VIDEO: Barr slams Trump for tweeting about Department of Justice criminal cases
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Attorney General William Barr told ABC News in an interview aired Thursday that President Trump had never asked him to do anything in a criminal case but advised the president to stop tweeting about the Justice Department, saying it makes it “impossible for me to do my job.”
The remarks are a significant and rare public break by the attorney general from the president, following days of controversy surrounding the Justice Department’s decision to lessen a sentence for Trump ally Roger Stone after the president tweeted about his displeasure with the gravity of the original sentence recommendation.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I think it’s time to stop the tweeting about Department of Justice criminal cases,” Barr told ABC in the interview.
“Tweets made about people in the department, cases pending in the department, make it impossible for me to do my job, to assure the courts and the prosecutors in the department that we are doing our job with integrity.”
“I cannot do my job here at the department with a constant background commentary that undercuts me,” he added.
“I’m not going to be bullied or influenced by anybody….whether it’s Congress, newspaper editorial boards, or the president,” Bill Barr tells @ABC News.
— ABC News (@ABC) February 13, 2020
WATCH THE FULL INTERVIEW HERE:
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: McCarthy weighs in on socialism in the 2020 race
- REPORT: New survey reveals chances of a Sanders-Warren ticket
- VIDEO: Trump wants top Democrat investigated for leak of Russia briefing
- VIDEO: Trump administration rule to restrict green cards for welfare-reliant immigrants takes effect
- WATCH: Amazing takedown of suspect by K9 cop
- VIDEO: Doug Collins offers insight into plans to learn more about Durham investigation at Barr hearing
- VIDEO: Karl Rove: ‘Not so fast’ on narrative that Bernie Sanders is the front-runner
- EXCLUSIVE: Clinton accuser Juanita Broaddrick issues statement on Weinstein verdict
- VIDEO: Pelosi takes to the streets in San Francisco. Here’s why
- VIDEO: Black, gay Republican blasts Jussie Smollett for hate crime hoax