VIDEO: ‘It’s a bad idea’: Donald Trump blasts Turkish assault on Syrian Kurds and ISIS fighters
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DailyMail:
Donald Trump has blasted the Turkish assault on Syrian Kurds and ISIS fighters, saying he ‘does not endorse’ President Erdogan’s long-awaited military assault in Syria today.
Turkish leader Recep Tayyip Erdogan announced the start of the offensive – called ‘Operation Peace Spring’ – in northern Syria this afternoon in a bid to ‘bring peace to the area’ by targeting Kurdish fighters whom Ankara regards as ‘terrorists’.
The article goes on to state the following:
President Trump – who ordered American troops out of the area – said Turkey’s incursion into the area was a ‘bad idea’ and said that Washington ‘does not endorse this attack.’
Trump said Turkey had committed to “ensuring no humanitarian crisis takes place – and we will hold them to this commitment.”
“Turkey has committed to protecting civilians, protecting religious minorities, including Christians, and ensuring no humanitarian crisis takes place — and we will hold them to this commitment,” Trump said. “In addition, Turkey is now responsible for ensuring all ISIS fighters being held captive remain in prison and that ISIS does not reconstitute in any way, shape, or form.”
Speaking to reporters, Trump said he will “wipe out” Turkey’s economy if Erdoğan tries to take out the Kurds.
President Trump says he will “wipe out” Turkey’s economy if Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan tries to take out the Kurds in northern Syria: “I hope that he will act rationally” https://t.co/1ftZN3y51Y pic.twitter.com/OAkuAlsYc4
— CBS News (@CBSNews) October 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DailyMail. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting DailyMail
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Rubio fires warning shot at Twitter after it puts fact-check label on Trump tweet
- EXCLUSIVE: Retired INS agent rips into Governor Cuomo, reveals corruption over nursing home deaths [VIDEO]
- Submit News
- REPORT: Bill Gates explains why he met with Epstein
- REPORT: Former CBS News president warns anti-Trump liberal media has gone too far
- DML Live: How Trump can influence the end of Twitter, plus the impact of 100k dead
- VIDEO: Video shows altercation between looters and woman in wheelchair outside Minneapolis Target
- BREAKING: Minneapolis cop Derek Chauvin subject of complaints before George Floyd’s death
- REPORT: Lindsey Graham predicts Biden’s vice presidential pick
- VIDEO: Kayleigh McEnany responds to reports she voted by mail 11 times