VIDEO: Anti-Trump actor makes odd statement about Trump winning in 2020
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FreeBeacon:
Actor Jeff Daniels said that Donald Trump’s re-election in 2020 would mean the “end of democracy” during an appearance Monday on MSNBC.
Daniels, who is starring on Broadway as Atticus Finch in Aaron Sorkin’s adaptation of To Kill A Mockingbird, stopped by Deadline: White House to share his thoughts on the political climate. Like host Nicolle Wallace and most of the show’s guests, Daniels is vehemently anti-Trump and challenged midwestern voters who chose Trump in 2016 to consider if they were for values like decency and respect.
The article goes on to state the following:
“If the big gamble is to go all the way to November 2020, which I agree, and lose? It’s the end of democracy,” he said.
“At the end of the day,” Daniels said, “this is about the Republican Party, or a wing of it, going this is our last chance to save the party, and if we don’t, it’s the end of the Republican Party.”
Daniels said Republicans need to be “heroic, because democracy is at stake.”
Many responses to the comments on Twitter were critical of Daniels’ statement, incuding at least one who pointed out that Daniels was a character in the movie “Dumb and Dumber” movies. See examples below the video.
There’s a reason he’s best know as “Dumber”
— Mark Dice (@MarkDice) May 21, 2019
An actor being over-dramatic. Shocking
— Harry Burns (@burnering) May 21, 2019
Good thing we live in a constitutional republic.
— Dragon Empress (@DragonEmpress4) May 21, 2019
As I recall Jeff Daniels once played the part of a politician on TV. Is that why he is given a national forum to express his political views and, presumably, why we are supposed to care what he thinks?
— Sean McGuinness (@seanpmcg1) May 21, 2019
Oh, I see. If YOUR side doesn’t win it’s the end of democracy is what you really mean.
— Amy (@famousamosquito) May 21, 2019
Not really, Jeff, since democracy will re-elect President Trump.
— Ben Westen (@Ben_Westen) May 21, 2019
We live in a republic though.
— Walter White (@HeizenbergBB) May 21, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FreeBeacon. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FreeBeacon
Trending on DML News App
- UPDATE: Ohio child sex trafficking sting nabs more than 100, including church leader, ER doctor [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Meghan McCain walks off ABC set after clash with Navarro
- BREAKING: ‘House Hunters’ host dies at 56
- VIDEO: Candace Owens has mic drop moment at White Supremacy hearing
- POLL: Should Biden and his son be investigated for their ties to Ukraine?
- BREAKING: Chaos erupts after car drives through Illinois mall [VIDEOS]
- BREAKING: Trump sending troops to Middle East in response to attack on Saudi Arabia [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Ukraine issues statement about investigating Biden’s son
- REPORT: Judge orders Trump to answer questions under oath in protesters’ case
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez bemoans treatment by other Democrats