VIDEO: Anti-ICE protesters pull down American flag, raise Mexico flag, vandalize pro-police flag
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
Authorities in Colorado restored an American flag to its place Friday evening after protesters demonstrating outside a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) facility pulled down the star-spangled banner and flew the flag of Mexico in its place.
The protesters also removed a “Blue Lives Matter” flag, honoring law enforcement, spray-painted it with the words “Abolish ICE,” then raised the flag upside-down, on a pole next to the Mexican flag, according to local media.
The article goes on to state the following:
Hundreds of protesters had gathered in Aurora, Colo., outside the federal facility that holds illegal immigrants, to protest ICE raids scheduled to begin Sunday in Denver and other major U.S. cities, FOX 31 Denver reported. Aurora police Chief Nick Metz said the majority of protesters remained peaceful and some even thanked officers for their evening efforts.
The protest, part of a network of #LightsForLiberty events, also dubbed the “March to Close Concentration Camps,” called for detention centers at the U.S.-Mexico border to be closed and for all immigrants being held in those locations to be granted entry to the U.S., according to the event’s Facebook page. Other #LightsForLiberty protests took place across the U.S. Friday, including in San Ysidro, Calif.; Portland, Ore.; and New York City.
Protestors on @ICEgov property just pulled down the American flag and replaced it with the Mexican flag. The group by the doors is growing. Though most protestors are still on the street. pic.twitter.com/X2waaFMEOW
— Matt Mauro (@mattmauronews) July 13, 2019
— Jaclyn Allen (@jaclynreporting) July 13, 2019
Tonight we witnessed the best of Aurora (Police & Community) during the peaceful #LightsForLiberty demonstration. Thank you to everyone who remained peaceful & took the time to thank my cops…& thank you to all the officers who were there to ensure everyones safety. @AuroraPD pic.twitter.com/UzkF8nQDfJ
— Chief Nick Metz (@APDChiefMetz) July 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Susan Boyle performs ‘I Dreamed a Dream’ a Decade After Famed Audition
- REPORT: Omar lashes out in Twitter rant after Nadler criticizes her for sharing controversial cartoon
- BREAKING: Justice Department inspector general reportedly completes FISA abuse investigation [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar Mocks Republicans For ‘Losing Their Minds’
- REPORT: Border Patrol busts woman with over $20K worth of fentanyl in her underwear
- REPORT: AOC takes heat from Heartland conservatives over her mocking video about Electoral College
- REPORT: Pelosi again breaks with Democrats on impeachment
- BREAKING: Republican announces plan to primary challenge Trump
- REPORT: Three ship commanders fired in two days, raising questions about Navy’s ‘zero-error tolerance’ culture
- REPORT: Former Kirsten Gillibrand staffers want senator to quit presidential campaign