VIDEO: Acting AG Whitaker tells lawmakers he hasn’t interfered with Mueller probe in fiery hearing
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONTIMES.COM:
Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker said Friday he has not interfered with special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation during a fiery hearing before the House Judiciary Committee.
Mr. Whitaker told lawmakers that [he] has not curtailed Mr. Mueller’s probe and he has not denied funding for it. But Democrats continued to grill him on allegations he was picked by President Trump to lead the Justice Department as a means to squash the special counsel investigation.
The article goes on to state the following:
Since taking control of the House in January, Democrats have pushed to question Mr. Whitaker about his views on the special counsel. He is the first Trump cabinet official to appear before a Democrat-lead House panel.
— CNN Politics (@CNNPolitics) February 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONTIMES.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONTIMES.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Former Kirsten Gillibrand staffers want senator to quit presidential campaign
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar Mocks Republicans For ‘Losing Their Minds’
- REPORT: Omar lashes out in Twitter rant after Nadler criticizes her for sharing controversial cartoon
- VIDEO: Susan Boyle performs ‘I Dreamed a Dream’ a Decade After Famed Audition
- REPORT: DOJ Makes Stunning Revelation About Federal Arrests of Non-U.S. Citizens in 2018
- REPORT: Harris Campaign Brought in Crowd to ‘Boost’ Cheering During Speech
- REPORT: Border Patrol busts woman with over $20K worth of fentanyl in her underwear
- REPORT: Three ship commanders fired in two days, raising questions about Navy’s ‘zero-error tolerance’ culture
- BREAKING: Republican announces plan to primary challenge Trump
- OpEd: Ocasio-Cortez has yet another bad idea that makes no sense