VIDEO: Abrams declares she wants an ‘executive’ position
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FreeBeacon:
Stacey Abrams acknowledged in an interview Tuesday that she’s long been more enthused about taking on an executive position like governor or president than being “one of 100” U.S. Senators.
Abrams, who fell short in her bid for Georgia governor in 2018 but became a national progressive darling along the way, is being recruited by Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D., N.Y.) to challenge Sen. David Perdue (R., Ga.), who is up for reelection in 2020. Abrams has expressed strong disappointment at losing to Republican governor Brian Kemp, who she has accused of systematically suppressing thousands of voters and essentially rigging his own victory, and she has considered challenging him again in 2022. She’s also mulling joining the crowded field of 2020 Democratic presidential candidates.
The article goes on to state the following:
Fox 5 Atlanta anchor Russ Spencer said he’d observed Abrams during her busy interview tour promoting her 2018 book Minority Leader, and he said it seemed she was “more excited” about holding an executive position than joining the U.S. Senate.
“It seems to me that you’re much more excited about being an executive, a governor or president, than about being one of 100 senators,” Spencer said. “Is that a fair observation?”
WATCH HER REMARKS BELOW:
Abrams: ‘Fair Observation’ That I’ve Been More Enthused About Being an Executive Than a Senator https://t.co/QvaAw2HYNt
— Free Beacon (@FreeBeacon) April 17, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FreeBeacon. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FreeBeacon
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Remains found in Oregon believed to be missing “Seinfeld” actor
- REPORT: The Border Wall Fight Just Got To The Supreme Court
- VIDEO: Area 51 expert warns what could happen if social media campaign to ‘storm’ top-secret site occurs
- REPORT: Presidential candidate tells House Dems to ‘f–k off’ after attack on AOC’s ally
- BREAKING: Prosecutors reveal more items discovered in Jeffrey Epstein’s locked safe, including fake passport
- TWEET: Trump doubles down after telling Democratic congresswomen to ‘go back’ to their countries
- BREAKING: Major development in deal between Trump and Guatemala
- BREAKING: Trump moves to end asylum protections for most Central Americans
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham weighs in on Trump feud with congresswomen, Trump responds
- BREAKING: Pelosi announces House resolution to condemn Trump’s ‘xenophobic tweets’