VIDEO: In Abaco Islands, lives shattered by Hurricane Dorian’s devastation to the Bahamas
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NBCNews.com:
About a week after Hurricane Dorian ravaged the Abaco Islands as the strongest hurricane to hit the Bahamas on record, those remaining here at the site of the devastation said the storm took away everything from them.
On the island of Great Abaco, wrecked boats and flipped-over cars were strewn across streets of completely flattened houses, crushed businesses and mangled playgrounds. Downed power lines and the frames of buildings lined the sides of the roads. Some cars were impaled by flying pieces of wood and steel. The smell of death was in the air.
The article goes on to state the following:
The catastrophic Category 5 storm pummeled the islands with sustained winds of 185 mph, life-threatening storm surges and torrential rain in a sustained two-day assault. At least 43 people were killed during the storm, but with many still reported missing, that number is feared to dramatically rise. Most deaths were here in the Abaco Islands, which were home to some 17,000 people.
By Sunday, Great Abaco was becoming a ghost town, as thousands of people try to evacuate by plane and boat.
RAW: Aerial footage of the Bahamas shows massive destruction left by Hurricane Dorian on the Abaco Islands. Hundreds of homes were missing their roofs, cars were overturned and debris was strewn all over. pic.twitter.com/IoeuG6t1n6
— DW News (@dwnews) September 4, 2019
— José Andrés (@chefjoseandres) September 1, 2019
— NBC News (@NBCNews) September 3, 2019
AFTERMATH: Aerial footage of the Bahamas’ Abaco Islands dramatically illustrates the widespread damage and destruction caused by deadly Hurricane Dorian. https://t.co/9mvccXuaSz pic.twitter.com/38oXcMIz6l
— ABC News (@ABC) September 5, 2019
Heartbreaking aerial video shows the destruction and devastation Hurricane Dorian left behind in the Abaco Islands in the Bahamas.
— WSVN 7 News (@wsvn) September 3, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NBCNews.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting NBCNews.com
Trending on DML News App
- Gowdy comments on possible Bolton testimony: ‘Why’
- VIDEO: Why Ted Cruz should be leading Senate impeachment trial
- THEY WON’T STOP: Kevin McCarthy Says Democrats Want To DESTROY President Trump
- VIDEO: GOP senator calls CNN reporter a ‘liberal hack’ when asked about Parnas materials
- BREAKING: Senate gives major win to Trump, passes USMCA in sweeping vote, Schumer and Sanders reveal why they voted ‘no’
- BREAKING: Iraqi refugee launches GOP challenge to Ilhan Omar: ‘She needs to be stopped’ [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Artist paints Michelle Obama, Hillary Clinton, AOC, other women as battered in campaign against domestic violence [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Collins releases statement about calling witnesses for impeachment trial
- REPORT: DOJ investigating leaks on Russian document that influenced how Comey handled Clinton emails
- BREAKING: Veteran Actress, Known for ‘King of Queens’ Role, Dies at 95