UPDATE: U.S. rescuers continue to save crew of stricken South Korean ship [VIDEO]
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
(Reuters) – Rescue workers on Monday freed three of four missing crew members from a South Korean cargo vessel that flipped on its side off the coast of Georgia, the U.S. Coast Guard said.
Salvage crews gradually drilled an opening in the ship’s hull, first to deliver food and water to the survivors, then to extract them, USCG Captain John Reed told a livestreamed news conference.
The article goes on to state the following:
The fourth missing crew member was trapped behind a glass panel in the ship’s engineering control room, and though rescuers could see him, they had yet to get him out, he said.
“He’s at greatest risk … right now,” said Reed. “We are trusting that the ventilation in there remains intact.”
The crew member left behind has not had food or water for approximately 36 hours.
Rescue workers on the hull of the ship rose were exposed to 120-degree Fahrenheit heat. Reed says it may be hotter inside the ship.
— USCGSoutheast (@USCGSoutheast) September 9, 2019
Watch as rescue efforts are underway to save four South Korean crew members trapped inside this cargo ship that capsized and caught fire Sunday off the coast of Georgia. Two men have been rescued so far. @10NewsWTSP https://t.co/Cc9BiQWK9e
— Sarah Rosario (@SarahWTSP) September 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit REUTERS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting REUTERS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- WATCH: Amazing takedown of suspect by K9 cop
- REPORT: Trump considering Doug Collins as nominee for top role, Collins responds
- VIDEO: Former Bernie Sanders consultant arrested after allegedly planting weapons in jail for ‘evil’ escape plot
- REPORT: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle issue defiant statement at Queen over Sussex Royal brand
- VIDEO: Trump Shuts CNN’s Jim Acosta Down
- VIDEO: Trey Gowdy shoots down reports that Trump is angry with outgoing official
- BREAKING: Jury in Harvey Weinstein case makes announcement on top two charges
- REPORT: CBP announces seizure of human body part being shipped into US in a jar [PHOTO]
- VIDEO: Nunes drops a bombshell, reacts to reports of Russia trying to help Trump
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson offers warning on what’s really attacking America