UPDATE: U.S. rescuers continue to save crew of stricken South Korean ship [VIDEO]
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
(Reuters) – Rescue workers on Monday freed three of four missing crew members from a South Korean cargo vessel that flipped on its side off the coast of Georgia, the U.S. Coast Guard said.
Salvage crews gradually drilled an opening in the ship’s hull, first to deliver food and water to the survivors, then to extract them, USCG Captain John Reed told a livestreamed news conference.
The article goes on to state the following:
The fourth missing crew member was trapped behind a glass panel in the ship’s engineering control room, and though rescuers could see him, they had yet to get him out, he said.
“He’s at greatest risk … right now,” said Reed. “We are trusting that the ventilation in there remains intact.”
The crew member left behind has not had food or water for approximately 36 hours.
Rescue workers on the hull of the ship rose were exposed to 120-degree Fahrenheit heat. Reed says it may be hotter inside the ship.
— USCGSoutheast (@USCGSoutheast) September 9, 2019
Watch as rescue efforts are underway to save four South Korean crew members trapped inside this cargo ship that capsized and caught fire Sunday off the coast of Georgia. Two men have been rescued so far. @10NewsWTSP https://t.co/Cc9BiQWK9e
— Sarah Rosario (@SarahWTSP) September 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit REUTERS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting REUTERS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: New sexual misconduct accusation leveled against Kavanaugh, echoes previous allegation
- REPORT: Baby born on 9/11 at 9:11 weighing 9 pounds, 11 ounces [PICTURES]
- REPORT: DC flies US flags with 51 stars ahead of statehood hearing
- REPORT: Mike Flynn Is Finally Fighting Back
- POLL: Do you like MAGA or KAG?
- REPORT: Pelosi claims to know why multiple Republicans are retiring
- REPORT: Trooper Attacked, Left With Serious Facial Injuries After Routine Traffic Stop
- REPORT: Union County high school teacher reportedly told students VP Pence should be ‘shot in the head’
- VIDEO: Portland crowd boos during on-field Armed Forces swearing-in on 9/11
- REPORT: Even baby boomers are way behind on retirement savings