UPDATE: Trump says he did not intervene in Justice Department’s handling of Roger Stone case
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. President Donald Trump said on Tuesday that he did not intervene to ask the Justice Department to seek a shorter prison sentence for his former adviser Roger Stone, but Trump said he would be allowed to do so.
Prosecutors on Monday recommended a prison sentence of seven to nine years for Stone, who was one of several Trump associates who faced charges stemming from then-Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election. Trump called the recommendation ridiculous.
The article goes on to state the following:
Trump declined to comment when asked by reporters at the White House whether he was considering issuing a pardon for Stone.
President Trump described federal prosecutors’ recommendation “horrible and very unfair.”
Later, an unidentified DOJ official stated, “The Department finds seven to nine years extreme, excessive and grossly disproportionate to Mr. Stone’s offenses.”
Later, a Federal prosecutor Aaron Zelinsky, who played a key role in the case against Stone, dramatically resigned on Tuesday.
To get more information about this article, please visit REUTERS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting REUTERS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Black Guns Matter founder mocks potential Bloomberg-Clinton ticket with ‘SUPER’ nickname
- REPORT: Assange lawyer claims Trump offered pardon in exchange for this favor
- Last day for FREE MIRACLE ME MINI
- REPORT: Soros demands ouster of Zuckerberg, Sandberg from Facebook
- First Look At Bloomberg’s Super Bowl Ad
- VIDEO: Meghan McCain gets into fiery spat with Joy Behar over Bloomberg
- VIDEO: Trump speaks out on AG Bill Barr
- VIDEO: Greg Gutfeld speculates on why Bloomberg is ‘getting a pass’
- REPORT: Limbaugh says Trump advised him after Buttigieg remarks
- VIDEO: Jason Chaffetz comments on why ‘deep state’ is ‘scared to death’ of Trump