UPDATE: The Supreme Court Issues Major Setback for Democrats in ObamaCare Case
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DAILYCALLER.COM:
The Supreme Court will not fast-track two petitions that ask the high court to again review the constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act’s individual mandate. The Tuesday morning order means the high court will defer a decision on the future of the Affordable Care Act until the fall, if they choose to hear the dispute at all.
The article goes on to state the following:
The 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals struck down Obamacare’s individual mandate in December 2019, saying it can no longer be justified on tax grounds. A coalition of blue states and congressional Democrats immediately appealed to the Supreme Court.
Timing was a factor, however, as the justices usually finalize their docket for a given term in mid-January. Requests for the high court to take up a case generally play out over several months, while both sides submit briefs which the justices discuss in private conferences.
To get more information about this article, please visit DAILYCALLER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting DAILYCALLER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Black Guns Matter founder mocks potential Bloomberg-Clinton ticket with ‘SUPER’ nickname
- REPORT: Assange lawyer claims Trump offered pardon in exchange for this favor
- Last day for FREE MIRACLE ME MINI
- REPORT: Soros demands ouster of Zuckerberg, Sandberg from Facebook
- First Look At Bloomberg’s Super Bowl Ad
- VIDEO: Meghan McCain gets into fiery spat with Joy Behar over Bloomberg
- VIDEO: Trump speaks out on AG Bill Barr
- VIDEO: Greg Gutfeld speculates on why Bloomberg is ‘getting a pass’
- REPORT: Limbaugh says Trump advised him after Buttigieg remarks
- VIDEO: Jason Chaffetz comments on why ‘deep state’ is ‘scared to death’ of Trump