UPDATE: Pensacola Naval Station shooter obtained gun ‘legally’ through loophole
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by BREITBART.COM:
The Saudi student who killed three and wounded numerous more on Friday morning reportedly got his gun “legally” from a local retailer.
The AP reports that the Pensacola gunman was an aviation student from Saudi Arabia, and NBC News reported that the gunman’s name was Mohammed Saeed Alshamrani.
The article goes on to state the following:
NBC News reports that while non-citizens are typically barred from buying a gun, exceptions are made for non-citizens who possess hunting licenses “and the shooter apparently had such a license.”
The ATF allows non-citizens to purchase guns if they are from “a friendly foreign government entering the United States on official law enforcement business,” according to a report from the Washington Post.
Purchasing a gun in Florida requires a background check and requires a 3-day waiting period, per state law.
1st on @NBCNews: While non-citizens are normally prohibited from buying handguns, Alshamrani used a LOOPHOLE to legally purchase his weapon from a dealer in Pensacola. Non-citizens w/ hunting licenses can buy firearms, and the shooter apparently had such a license, sources said. https://t.co/pcvgbTF0e7
— Andrew Blankstein (@anblanx) December 7, 2019
The Saudi student who killed three and wounded numerous Friday morning reportedly got his gun “legally” from a local retailer. https://t.co/xayusnE1HP
— Breitbart News (@BreitbartNews) December 8, 2019
The Saudi air force officer legally bought the gun he used to kill three sailors at Naval Air Station Pensacola in Florida, according to two law enforcement sources https://t.co/ZXbHtCnCp9
— CNN (@CNN) December 8, 2019
Pensacola Navy base shooter used loophole to legally buy a gun. Though non-citizens who hold US visas are typically barred from buying guns, @NBCNews reported that he exploited a loophole that allowed him to purchase one legally. https://t.co/9G4yughXlq #GunControlNow
— Newtown Action (@NewtownAction) December 8, 2019
FBI says the shooter purchased the gun used in the shooting legally and lawfully. https://t.co/dyhf3dGfCg
— NBC 15 News (@mynbc15) December 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit BREITBART.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting BREITBART.COM
Trending on DML News App
- WHY DO THIS TO TRUMP? Fox News Poll reveals anti-Trump sentiment
- HYPOCRISY: Dems seeking to impeach Trump for blocking aid to Ukraine, voted against the same thing
- GOT TO SEE: Joy Villa shocks liberals with Pro-Trump dress at Grammys
- VIDEO: Schiff scoffs at GOP calls for his testimony in impeachment trial
- REPORT: Schiff fires back at Trump: ‘What are you hiding?’
- VIDEO: Schiff says Trump tweet is ‘intended to be’ a threat
- REPORT: Trump rips Chuck Todd for ‘softball’ Schiff interview
- VIDEO: Dershowitz speaks out on case Democrats laid out in Senate trial
- REPORT: 2020 hopeful celebrates after qualifying poll puts him back on Democratic debate stage
- UPDATE: FIFTH coronavirus case now confirmed in US; infection can spread before symptoms show