UPDATE: Officials give update on efforts to save Notre Dame, Macron speaks to press (VIDEO)
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Fire officials said late Monday that Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris was saved from “total destruction” after a massive fire broke out, engulfing much of the building and destroying its iconic spire and stained-glass windows.
The blaze spread to the cathedral’s two rectangular towers Monday evening but was later contained.
The article goes on to state the following:
It is still unclear how much art in the building has been saved. A priest told local reporters all the art stored in the cathedral had been saved; however a top fire official only confirmed that most precious art had been safeguarded.
In the video below, French President Emmanuel Macron announced plans to rebuild the cathedral.
French President Emmanuel Macron announced that, starting tomorrow, he will launch an international fundraising campaign for the Notre Dame cathedral. “We will rebuild this cathedral together.” https://t.co/s5ma7OHj6E pic.twitter.com/sLfe5hiFY8
— CNN (@CNN) April 15, 2019
PARIS (AP) — Paris mayor: Firefighters optimistic they can salvage Notre Dame’s main towers from flames.
— Zeke Miller (@ZekeJMiller) April 15, 2019
— ABC News (@ABC) April 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Supreme Court conservatives signal possible support for census citizenship question
- REPORT: FBI found Hillary Clinton’s emails in Obama White House, former top official says
- VIDEO: Woman missing for five days is found alive in her wrecked car
- REPORT: State debating bill to ban ‘sanctuary city’ policies; ACLU warns people not to travel there if it passes
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton breaks her silence on Mueller report, discusses potential Trump impeachment
- REPORT: Jacqui Saburido, who became the face of anti-drunk driving campaigns, dead at age 40 [VIDEOS]
- REPORT: Jordan demands answers over Democrats’ secret meetings about Trump-focused probes
- REPORT: Judge to block Trump administration’s rules targeting Planned Parenthood
- VIDEO: Piers Morgan has a message for Democrats wanting to impeach Trump
- REPORT: After Girl Held as ‘Slave’ for 16 Years in Texas, Captors Mohamed Toure and Wife get Light Sentence