UPDATE: Newsweek punishes editor over botched Trump-Thanksgiving story
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
Last week, Newsweek published a report claiming Trump’s plans for the holiday included tweeting and golfing. However, on Thanksgiving Day Trump made a surprise visit to Afghanistan, his first as president. According to White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham, only some White House officials knew about the trip, which was kept secret for security reasons.
The article goes on to state the following:
On Saturday, it was reported that Jessica Kwong, the Newsweek political reporter who wrote the original story, was fired.
On Saturday, Kwong told the Washington Examiner that her editor had assigned the piece over a week in advance and that it was filed on Wednesday.
The next day, when the president’s trip to Afghanistan was announced, Kowng says the same editor didn’t update Kwong’s original piece in a timely manner.
“Newsweek investigated the failures that led to the publication of the inaccurate report that President Trump spent Thanksgiving tweeting and golfing rather than visiting troops in Afghanistan,” Newsweek told iMediaEthics, according to Fox News.
“The story has been corrected, the reporter responsible was terminated and the editor was demoted,” Newsweek reportedly said. “We will continue to review our processes and, if required, take further action.”
Newsweek demoted the editor who published & failed to update an inaccurate story about Trump’s Thanksgiving Day plans.https://t.co/d9avf8HGk6
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) December 2, 2019
“The editor was demoted.”@Newsweek demoted an editor who was involved with an erroneous story that claimed President Trump was “tweeting” and “golfing” on #Thanksgiving when he was actually in #Afghanistan visiting US troops. https://t.co/ENcl7Bhz2A
— The Epoch Times (@EpochTimes) December 2, 2019
The reporter’s story was published hours Thanksgiving morning, hours before we learned Trump actually went to Afghanistan. The reporter contends that the editor never updated her story with the Afghanistan news. The reporter has been fired by Newsweek. https://t.co/zz2BPsXXdW
— Rebecca Shabad (@RebeccaShabad) December 2, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- JUST IN: Anti-impeachment Democrat poised to switch parties
- REPORT: Asian American groups call on NBC to sever ties with Jay Leno after ‘eating dogs’ joke
- VIDEO: Chaos Erupts in London as Leftists Clash with Cops After Election
- VIDEO: College student, 18, beaten and stabbed to death in savage mugging near NYC park
- DML LIVE: Trump thrives in Florida (Thurs – Dec 5)
- EXCLUSIVE: Miracles do happen, here is the proof
- VIDEO: New alarms raised about a popular home security company
- BREAKING: House Judiciary Committee VOTES on articles of impeachment against Trump, Gohmert leaves nothing to chance [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Meghan McCain slams claims that detention centers are ‘torture facilities’
- VIDEO: Intel chief loses patience with Schiff in tense hearing