UPDATE: Kentucky gubernatorial race goes down to the wire
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
Republican incumbent Gov. Matt Bevin refused to concede late Tuesday in Kentucky’s gubernatorial race, citing unspecified “irregularities” — potentially kickstarting weeks of uncertainty as the closely-watched contest with national implications remains too close to call.
The history-making evening also saw Republicans decisively hold onto the governorship in Mississippi despite a fierce Democratic challenge, while electing Kentucky’s first black attorney general. Democrats, meanwhile, took complete control over the Virginia statehouse for the first time in 26 years.
The article goes on to state the following:
On Monday, Trump had called on an “angry majority” of voters to boost the relatively unpopular Bevin in Kentucky, in a nod to Richard Nixon’s “silent majority” and Ronald Reagan’s “moral majority.” But with 100 percent of precincts reporting, Bevin was behind Democratic Attorney General Andy Beshear by 5,333 votes out of more than 1.4 million counted, 49.2 percent to 48.8 percent. Libertarian candidate John Hicks received 2 percent.
The report notes that although the Democratic National Committee and Beshear’s campaign have declared victory, the Associated Press has maintained that the race is still too close to call.
.@SteveKornacki breaks down the vote tallies in the Kentucky governor’s race, highlighting political trends that went into Democrat Andy Beshear’s defeat of incumbent Republican Matt Bevin. #TrackingKornackihttps://t.co/lqOKzRyHl5
— MSNBC (@MSNBC) November 6, 2019
The closely watched governor’s race in Kentucky between incumbent GOP Gov. Matt Bevin and Democrat Andy Beshear remains too close to call, according to The Associated Press, despite a celebratory speech by Beshear. https://t.co/07STHOPEIj
— ABC News (@ABC) November 6, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) November 6, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Head of Burisma Holdings Indicted; New Links to Obama, Hunter Biden Revealed
- VIDEO: Prince Andrew’s ex speaks out on Epstein
- BREAKING: Rick Perry’s team pushes back on Sondland testimony, releases statement
- BREAKING: Britain’s Prince Andrew steps down from public duties, citing Epstein ties
- POLL: Was Gordon Sondland’s testimony damaging to President Trump?
- VIDEO: Fox News host declares Sondland ‘took out the bus and ran over’ Trump
- REPORT: Pence’s office responds to Sondland’s testimony claiming he raised concerns about investigations
- REPORT: Photo emerges of alleged whistleblower shaking hands with Barack Obama in Oval Office [PHOTO]
- VIDEO: Rep Turner Gets Witness To Correct Bombshell Claim, Debunks CNN Headline In Real Time
- REPORT: Results of Hunter Biden DNA test revealed