UPDATE: Initial US analysis shows Iran likely behind attack on Saudi oil tankers
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
A preliminary U.S. assessment indicates Iran was likely behind the attack that caused “significant damage” to two Saudi oil tankers on Sunday, according to a new report. A U.S. official told the Wall Street Journal that the early findings in the ongoing analysis show Iran was likely behind the attack that occurred near the Persian Gulf as the two vessels were attempting to head into the Persian Gulf through the Strait of Hormuz.
Saudi energy minister Khalid al-Falih announced the vessels were attacked on Sunday along with at least two other oil-industry vessels. He also said that one of the ships was traveling to a Saudi port in the Persian Gulf to load oil that would head to the U.S. Few details were offered, but Saudi officials said the engine on the tanker called Al-Marzoqah caught fire, leading to an explosion.
The article goes on to state the following:
The U.S. official declined to say what the initial assessment means for the U.S. and a potential response going forward. The State Department has so far refrained from saying whether Secretary of State Mike Pompeo believes Iran or its allies was behind the attack.
“The developments warrant sharing more information, and this was a very good and convenient opportunity to stop and do a signals check with his European allies, and also to meet with NATO and the EU for similar discussions,” Brian Hook, the State Department’s special representative for Iran told reporters.
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- UPDATE: Trump responds to U.S. judge’s ruling on financial records
- VIDEO: Trump holds MAGA rally in Pennsylvania
- REPORT: House Democrat shares text exchange with son about impeaching Trump
- BREAKING: Cohen identified which Trump associate told him to lie, allegedly
- REPORT: Illegal Convicted of Raping Dog to Death Released by Sanctuary State
- VIDEO: Anti-Trump actor makes odd statement about Trump winning in 2020
- BREAKING: DOJ offers a deal to House Intel Committee if Schiff drops threat against Barr
- BREAKING: Nadler goes after two former Trump White House aides with subpoenas
- REPORT: Lynch on whether Obama ordered politically motivated infiltration of Trump campaign
- REPORT: Fox News commentator attacks Trump, fires back at his criticism of the channel