UPDATE: Gov. Cuomo speaks on brother’s coronavirus diagnosis
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
CNN anchor Chris Cuomo on Tuesday revealed that he has tested positive for coronavirus.
“Sooooo in these difficult times that seem to get more difficult and complicated by the day, I just found out that I am positive for coronavirus. I have been exposed to people in recent days who have subsequently tested positive and I had fever, chills and shortness of breath. I just hope I didn’t give it to the kids and Cristina. That would make me feel worse than this illness!”
— Christopher C. Cuomo (@ChrisCuomo) March 31, 2020
The article goes on to state the following:
The 49-year-old journalist then said he is quarantining in the basement of his home to protect the rest of his family and will continue to work from there. Shortly after the tweet began to circulate, his brother, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo addressed Chris’ diagnosis in his daily press briefing.
“Everyone is subject to this virus. It is the great equalizer. I don’t care how smart, how rich, how powerful you think you are. I don’t care how young, how old. This virus is the great equalizer,” he said. “My brother Chris is positive for coronavirus. Found out this morning. Now, he is going to be fine. He is young, in good shape, strong – not as strong as he thinks – but he will be fine. “But there’s a lesson in this. He’s an essential worker – remember, the press – so he’s been out there. If you go out there, the chance that you get infected is very high.”
The governor then got personal, speaking to his brother’s true nature and how it’s different from what the American public sees on TV:
“You don’t really know Chris. You know, you see Chris. He has a show. But you just see one dimension, right? You see a person in his job. And in his job, he’s combative and he’s argumentative and he’s pushing people. But that’s his job. That’s really not who he is. He’s a really sweet, beautiful guy. And he’s my best friend. My father was always working, so it was always just me and Chris.”
CNN coworkers and other press associates sent tweets to Chris Cuomo, wishing him the best and a speedy recovery:
God bless you, brother. Sending love and prayers from DC. 💪 🙏
— Jake Tapper (@jaketapper) March 31, 2020
Wow omg … wishing you the best and a quick recovery!
— Joy Reid (@JoyAnnReid) March 31, 2020
Oh man. Wishing you the best and feel better!
— Chris Hayes (@chrislhayes) March 31, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit CBSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CBSNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Ted Cruz torches Rosenstein on Russia probe in blistering grilling
- EXCLUSIVE: NYPD commissioner shares video of cops finding bricks left for looters
- BREAKING: Senate votes on House-passed Paycheck Protection Program reform bill
- VIDEO: 2 NYPD cops shot, another stabbed in neck during ‘unprovoked’ attack
- REPORT: Democrat senator calls for Barr to resign over order to clear protests
- REPORT: Florida city becomes first to ban gun sales and carry during ’emergency declaration’
- REPORT: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to NFL team, ‘Change your name’
- BREAKING: Pelosi says House will soon announce sweeping police reform legislation
- TRUMP TWEETS: Rips into Sen. Lisa Murkowski with fire and fury!
- VIDEO: Footage of 7-year-old girl in Black Lives Matter march goes viral