UPDATE: Federal appeals court orders judge in Flynn case to respond to motion to dismiss charges
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
A federal appeals court on Thursday directed the judge hearing the case against former national security adviser Michael Flynn to respond to a petition by Flynn for the charges against him to be thrown out.
Flynn’s attorney earlier this week had filed an emergency writ of mandamus to the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals seeking that the prosecution against Flynn be dismissed as the Justice Department has requested, and for Judge Emmet Sullivan to be taken off the case.
The article goes on to state the following:
The order issued Thursday directs Sullivan to file a response by June 1, and invited the government to respond “in its discretion within the same 10-day period.”
— Jorge Luis Lopez Esq (@lopezgovlaw) May 21, 2020
Federal appeals court orders Michael Flynn’s judge to respond to his appeal demanding dismissal of his case https://t.co/1NxiC7NKrl
— Matthew Chapman (@fawfulfan) May 21, 2020
Appeals court orders federal judge to respond to General Flynn’s request to get his conviction dismissed https://t.co/UAmODiLQOq
— Jack Posobiec (@JackPosobiec) May 21, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Court blocks White House from suspending reporter for INCREDIBLE reason
- REPORT: Couple suspected of killing 8-year-old maid
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton asks appeals court to help her dodge Judicial Watch deposition on emails and Benghazi
- BREAKING: Biden releases statement, formally clinches Democratic presidential nomination
- REPORT: AOC stuns party by endorsing powerful incumbent’s primary rival
- REPORT: Dem AG: Letting America Burn Is the Path to Growth
- REPORT: Liberal governor pardons illegal set for deportation, DML responds
- VIDEO: Biden mistakenly refers to Sanders as ‘the president’ during debate
- TRUMP TWEETS: Rips into Sen. Lisa Murkowski with fire and fury!
- REPORT: Minnesota provides STAGGERING estimate of damage from George Floyd protests