UPDATE: FBI confirms identity of gunman in ‘terrorism-related’ shooting at Texas naval base
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The man who shot a guard at a Texas naval air station has been identified as Adam Salim Alsahli.
The FBI’s Houston field office confirmed in a Friday afternoon tweet the identity of the 20-year-old shooter, who injured one guard before being shot dead by authorities.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Now that next of kin has been notified, the FBI officially confirms that the suspect in Thursday’s #CorpusNASShooting has been identified as 20 year old Adam Salim Alsahli,” the tweet said.
— FBI Houston (@FBIHouston) May 22, 2020
The FBI announced at a short press briefing on Thursday that the shooting is definitely terrorism-related, and there may be a second person of interest at large.
Alsahli is reported to be a U.S. resident who was born in Syria. Investigators have discovered a number of social media accounts believed to be associated with Alsahli, in which he expresses support for ISIS and Al Qaeda.
Among the many assets working the #CorpusNASShooting are FBI Agents, Intel Analysts, Evidence Response Team, Forensic Analysts, Language Analysts & Electronic Technicians from FBI Corpus, FBI Houston and @FBISanAntonio. In addition to @ncis_cnfo NASCorpus, @CorpusChristiPD @ATFHQ pic.twitter.com/ZiCdeaTLdZ
— FBI Houston (@FBIHouston) May 22, 2020
Rob O’Donnell, a retired NYPD detective, posted the following: “Tax records show the father of the NAS Corpus Christi terrorist, Adam Alsahli, currently owns 11 properties totaling $1 million dollars in the CC area, the top address has a homestead exemption and was the home raided by both federal & local SWAT teams yesterday.”
Tax records show the father of the NAS Corpus Christi terrorist, Adam Alsahli, currently owns 11 properties totaling $1 million dollars in the CC area, the top address has a homestead exemption and was the home raided by both federal & local SWAT teams yesterday. https://t.co/G072enlEnq pic.twitter.com/vCssvPPslk
— Rob O’Donnell (@odonnell_r) May 22, 2020
The FBI is the lead agency in the investigation, but it is not releasing any information about the raid. https://t.co/l9hnqUJFJj
— KRIS 6 News (@KRIS6News) May 22, 2020
The @RealNCIS has surged Special Agents, linguists, & intel specialists from across the U.S. to provide direct support to this joint FBI-NCIS investigation. Together, we are working tirelessly to ensure the safety of all the personnel on base, as well as the @cityofcc community.
— NCIS Central (@ncis_cnfo) May 22, 2020
FBI has declared the shooting attack at the Naval Air Station Corpus Christi an act of terrorism.
SOCMINT investigation reveals that the shooter – identified as Adam Salim Alsahli – was ideological supporter of al-Qaeda (not ISIS). He also expressed support for AQAP online. pic.twitter.com/gkAAYeFntx
— FJ (@Natsecjeff) May 22, 2020
2) The attacker, Adam Alsahli seems to have strong connection to Syria (possibly lived in Damascus). Also demonstrates similar ideology as Pensacola shooter Shamrani (not to mention selecting same target type), though there is no direct evidence that the two events are related. pic.twitter.com/YmSe9YUiae
— Rita Katz (@Rita_Katz) May 21, 2020
4) #CorpusChristi shooter had an extensive network of social media accounts on FB, Twitter, IG, Whatsapp, TG, Snapchat–often holding multiple on the same platform. They were largely filled with support for hardliner clerics, mostly from Saudi Arabia.
— Rita Katz (@Rita_Katz) May 22, 2020
FBI confirms identity of gunman in “terrorism-related” shooting at Texas naval base. https://t.co/wpfZIGx1Ut
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) May 22, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Florida sheriff ‘highly recommends’ what home owners should do to looters
- OpEd: STONE: Now That I’m Ungagged, I’d Like To Say A Few Things About My Prosecution
- VIDEO: Officer suspended after punching woman who was beating on fellow officer
- VIDEOS: Bronx streets descend into chaos as looters run wild: ‘Fordham is on fire’
- VIDEO: Ben Carson speaks out on protests and rioting across the nation
- REPORT: DOJ files formal appeal with Supreme Court over House access to Mueller grand jury material
- VIDEO: Ilhan Omar claims rioters were ‘terrorized’ by National Guard, police
- REPORT: Twitter restricts tweet from Rep. Matt Gaetz for ‘glorifying violence’
- REPORT: GOP governor rejects use of military to quell protests
- REPORT: Trump gives Grenell something special after he steps down