UPDATE: Director of M.I.T.’s Media Lab Resigns After Outcry Over Jeffrey Epstein Ties
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NYTimes.com:
The director of M.I.T.’s prestigious Media Lab stepped down on Saturday after an outcry over his financial ties with the disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein, whose contributions to the proudly contrarian lab roiled and divided its members.
“After giving the matter a great deal of thought over the past several days and weeks, I think that it is best that I resign as director of the media lab and as a professor and employee of the Institute, effective immediately,” the director, Joichi Ito, wrote in an email to the provost of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Martin A. Schmidt.
The article goes on to state the following:
Mr. Ito acknowledged this past week taking $525,000 of Mr. Epstein’s money for the lab, as well as $1.2 million for his personal investment funds. He stepped down less than a day after an article in The New Yorker described the measures that officials at the lab took to conceal its relationship with Mr. Epstein, who killed himself in jail last month while facing federal sex trafficking charges.
Read about the allegations of a secret donor relationship between Epstein and the university lab here.
— David Enrich (@davidenrich) September 7, 2019
— Michael Luo (@michaelluo) September 7, 2019
— julie k. brown (@jkbjournalist) September 7, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NYTimes.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting NYTimes.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Democrats name Cummings replacement for acting chair of House Oversight Committee
- VIDEO: Pelosi: ‘The Voters Are Not Going to Decide’
- BREAKING: Sondland to throw Trump under the bus in congress testimony, reports say
- TRUMP TWEET: Releases statement on death of Elijah Cummings
- BREAKING: Democrat Congressman Elijah Cummings dies suddenly
- VIDEO: Women for Trump hold marches in DC, across the nation, bus line leaves many stranded
- REPORT: Justice becomes first to break new two-minute rule as Supreme Court hears immigration case
- VIDEO: Scalise: People should be alarmed by how Pelosi, Schiff trying to impeach Trump
- REPORT: Pelosi thumbs her nose at Trump by making photo of their fiery confrontation her Twitter cover image [PHOTO]
- VIDEO: Network Falsely Claims White House ‘Admits to Quid Pro Quo’ with Ukraine