UPDATE: Defense attorneys didn’t want Epstein on suicide watch: Source
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Defense attorneys pushed for Jeffrey Epstein to be taken off suicide watch ahead of his death on Saturday, an unidentified source told ABC News.
The financier, who was jailed on federal sex trafficking charges, had been on suicide watch after an apparent earlier attempt, but was taken off ahead of his death.
The article goes on to state the following:
Sources told ABC News that Epstein had to undergo multiple psychiatric evaluations before officials decided to take him off suicide watch.
Epstein was reportedly supposed to be checked by guards every 30 minutes. The New York Times, citing an unidentified law enforcement official, reported on Sunday, however, that guards had not been monitoring Epstein twice an hour the night he died.
Breitbart further reports:
In the wake of Jeffrey Epstein’s death over the weekend, a report says two of the high-flying financier’s longtime lawyers are seeking outside legal counsel of their own.
The New York Times reported Sunday that lawyers Jeffrey Schantz and Darren Indyke recently hired criminal defense attorneys to represent them. According to the Times, the pair were “involved with some of his trusts and other entities in New York and in the Virgin Islands.” Court documents show Epstein’s vast fortune is valued at least $559 million.
— World News Tonight (@ABCWorldNews) August 12, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Justice Department inspector general reportedly completes FISA abuse investigation [VIDEO]
- REPORT: White House is irritated over Nikki Haley’s mysterious tweet
- REPORT: NFL player found dead along with wife, son sought by police
- VIDEO: Susan Boyle performs ‘I Dreamed a Dream’ a Decade After Famed Audition
- REPORT: Tlaib’s response to bombing death of 17-yr-old Israeli girl sparks outrage
- REPORT: One Of Kavanaugh’s High School Classmates Is Suing HuffPost For ‘Fabricated’ Reporting
- REPORT: Cheerleading Squad Draws Fire for Raffling AR-15 Rifle
- BREAKING: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg treated for cancer
- REPORT: Federal judge rules that immigration law is unconstitutional
- REPORT: Border Patrol busts woman with over $20K worth of fentanyl in her underwear