UPDATE: Arrest made in connection with slain American family in Mexico
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by KGUN9.COM:
A suspect was arrested in the investigation into the deaths of nine members of a Mormon family that was traveling in the Mexican countryside near the U.S. border, investigators for the state of Sonora said Tuesday.
In a press release on their Facebook page, the Agency for Criminal Investigation said that one person was detained in possession of various assault rifles, including high-caliber weapons, near Aguaprieta, in the state of Sonora. The suspect was found with two hostages tied and gagged, the agency said. The statement did not specify the sex of the suspect.
The article goes on to state the following:
In an interview with Imagen Radio de Mexico, the chief prosecutor of the neighboring state of Chihuahua, Cesar Peniche Espejel, confirmed the arrest but could not confirm details of the operation. “We are awaiting more information before making an official declaration,” he said.
A rough translation of the Facebook post mentioned above follows:
The ambition for the power of criminal groups charge the lives of 9 PEOPLE AND 4 people under age are injured, in the area of Sonora and Chihuahua.
• The balance of this crime deprives three private adults of life, six persons under age deceased, four injured children and an aggrieved society.
• In coordinated action with civil society, elements of the FGJE, Secretary of Public Security of the states of Sonora and Chihuahua, National Guard and SEDENA have located and rescued seven living children.
• In a joint operation of investigation, detention is recorded in surrounding areas of people, 1 with several weapons of heavy caliber, who had two people deprived of freedom, gagged, same that were released, this in the region of Agua Prieta, It is assumed that they participated in that unfortunate event.
Hermosillo, Sonora at 05 November 2019. In events that took place this Monday, November 4 in the community of La Mora, belonging to the serrano municipality of Bavispe and located in the northeast of the state of Sonora, close to the border of the state of Chihuahua, several families moved into three vehicles heading to Chihuahua, so that they were heading to the United States, when they were ambushed by a group of armed people, unfortunately registering losses of human lives.
From the knowledge of the facts, the necessary operations were implemented to attend the emergency in the place of facts, initially moving three groups; the first of 32 elements of SEDENA and pesp, the second of 41 elements of the State Police of public security and national guard and a third group of 18 elements of the ministry of criminal investigation.
The operating groups found two kilometers from San Miguelito, on the road that leads to Francisco Villa, Chihuahua, a cremated Tahoe vehicle, being in the interior apparently five charred human remains, showing that it could be treated for a woman and her four children ; approximately 18 kilometers away with direction to the state of Chihuahua, a second vehicle type suburban color white was found and inside without life an adult person of female sex and two minors; finally two kilometers from the Dividing line between Sonora and Chihuahua, a third vehicle type suburban white is located and meters from that unit, the body without life of a woman.
We continue in constant communication with the families of the victims and with the operational groups sent to the place, who until 23:00 hours report a total of nine people deceased, three adults and Six Minors, and the collection of more than 200 Caliber Casings. 223 and 7 MM. Found in the place of facts.
So, by having knowledge of the possibility that some of the people assaulted will find themselves missing, a coordinated search with the civil population, state police of public security of Sonora and Chihuahua, National Guard, SEDENA and amic of the prosecution of Justice of Sonora, managed to Locate Seven Minors with life, four of them injured, who were moved in an ambulance to the health center of bavispe, Sonora, to receive medical care, reporting in stable physical health condition to be moved To a specialized care center.
In Parallel to the emerging attention for the location and medical care to the victims, the investigation of facts was started in a coordinated way and through strategically deployed groups in the priority surrounding areas is that in water prieta, Sonora was achieved the rescue of two Private victims of freedom that were gagged and tied in a white pickup vehicle and the detention of a person in possession of two long caliber weapons. 223, a long caliber weapon. 308, ten caliber chargers. 223, a stocked charger. 308 and a long rifle barret caliber 50.
Also, two vehicles were secured, one white color model dodge ram model 2019, with theft report in Phoenix, Arizona, and a vehicle of the brand GMC Yukon model 2011, as well as the insurance of two vehicles, one Of them armored.
It is analyzed the possibility that this person arrested has had participation in these unfortunate facts.
We respect these acts that will bring our society. These facts in which they lost their lives women and children make it clear that collaboration and union of efforts are required and that crime should be analyzed and combat not only as a local, but regional, National and even transnational manifestation.
To get more information about this article, please visit KGUN9.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting KGUN9.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Details emerge of connection between Schiff aide and alleged whistleblower
- VIDEO: Jordan calls out Schiff during heated exchange while grilling Vindman
- VIDEO: Prince Andrew’s ex speaks out on Epstein
- REPORT: Pence’s office responds to Sondland’s testimony claiming he raised concerns about investigations
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- POLL: Is Pelosi jeopardizing the integrity of the 2020 elections?
- EXCLUSIVE: Mitch McConnell comments on likelihood of Senate impeaching Trump [VIDEO]
- Morning briefing: Nov 20
- EXCLUSIVE: Homeless crisis takes its toll, prompting question: How much more can we take?
- VIDEO: 2020 Dem Posts ‘Lock Him Up’ Campaign Ad Against Trump, But It’s Missing Something…