TRUMP TWEETS: Releases blistering statement after John Kelly speaks out
President Trump fired back at his former Chief of Staff John Kelly in a set of blistering Twitter posts Thursday morning, after the news broke that Kelly had spoken out against him in a speech at a university in New Jersey Wednesday night.
The Atlantic first broke the news, reporting that that Kelly slammed the president for firing impeachment trial witness Lieutenant Colonel Alexander Vindman. Kelly declared that Trump had committed an “illegal order” by asking the president of Ukraine to investigate the Bidens, and said Vindman was right to report it.
Kelly also dismissed Trump’s concerns about illegal immigration, said most immigrants were good people just looking for jobs, and admitted he was “fascinated” watching the 2016 presidential campaign race between Trump and Hillary Clinton.
President Trump lambasted Kelly, firing off the following statement on Twitter Thursday morning:
When I terminated John Kelly, which I couldn’t do fast enough, he knew full well that he was way over his head. Being Chief of Staff just wasn’t for him. He came in with a bang, went out with a whimper, but like so many X’s, he misses the action & just can’t keep his mouth shut, which he actually has a military and legal obligation to do.
His incredible wife, Karen, who I have a lot of respect for, once pulled me aside & said strongly that “John respects you greatly. When we are no longer here, he will only speak well of you.” Wrong!
….which he actually has a military and legal obligation to do. His incredible wife, Karen, who I have a lot of respect for, once pulled me aside & said strongly that “John respects you greatly. When we are no longer here, he will only speak well of you.” Wrong!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 13, 2020
— DMLNewsApp (@DMLNewsApp) February 13, 2020
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: New survey reveals chances of a Sanders-Warren ticket
- VIDEO: Karl Rove: ‘Not so fast’ on narrative that Bernie Sanders is the front-runner
- VIDEO: McCarthy weighs in on socialism in the 2020 race
- VIDEO: Trump wants top Democrat investigated for leak of Russia briefing
- VIDEO: Trump administration rule to restrict green cards for welfare-reliant immigrants takes effect
- EXCLUSIVE: Clinton accuser Juanita Broaddrick issues statement on Weinstein verdict
- WATCH: Amazing takedown of suspect by K9 cop
- VIDEO: Pelosi takes to the streets in San Francisco. Here’s why
- BREAKING: Harvey Weinstein rerouted to hospital on way to jail
- VIDEO: Black, gay Republican blasts Jussie Smollett for hate crime hoax