TRUMP TWEETS: ‘If my hands were tied…’ Trump sends message on ‘Iran War Powers Resolution’
In a Wednesday tweet, Trump wrote:
“It is very important for our Country’s SECURITY that the United States Senate not vote for the Iran War Powers Resolution. We are doing very well with Iran and this is not the time to show weakness. Americans overwhelmingly support our attack on terrorist Soleimani.
“If my hands were tied, Iran would have a field day. Sends a very bad signal. The Democrats are only doing this as an attempt to embarrass the Republican Party. Don’t let it happen!”
The White House on Wednesday threatened to veto a resolution making its way through Congress that would curb President Trump’s ability to direct military action against Iran without congressional authorization.
Driving the news: The Senate is now holding debates on the resolution after a majority voted 51-45 to advance the measure. Eight Republicans joined Democrats in voting in favor of it, signaling the measure could pass with bipartisan support.
What they’re saying: The White House argues the bill “fails to account for present reality,” since it was introduced on Jan. 9 “in response to an escalating series of attacks” by Iran.
….If my hands were tied, Iran would have a field day. Sends a very bad signal. The Democrats are only doing this as an attempt to embarrass the Republican Party. Don’t let it happen!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 12, 2020
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Karl Rove: ‘Not so fast’ on narrative that Bernie Sanders is the front-runner
- REPORT: New survey reveals chances of a Sanders-Warren ticket
- VIDEO: McCarthy weighs in on socialism in the 2020 race
- VIDEO: Trump administration rule to restrict green cards for welfare-reliant immigrants takes effect
- EXCLUSIVE: Clinton accuser Juanita Broaddrick issues statement on Weinstein verdict
- VIDEO: Pelosi takes to the streets in San Francisco. Here’s why
- BREAKING: Harvey Weinstein rerouted to hospital on way to jail
- DML LIVE: Trump rocks, Bernie offers fake promises and hides truth
- REPORT: NY paper suggests how Democrats may try to get Ocasio-Cortez out of Congress
- VIDEO: ‘Michelle Obama loved him’: Trump blasts Democrats for relationships with Harvey Weinstein