TRUMP TWEET: Responds to Senate rebuke with one word
In a 59-41 vote on Thursday, the Senate passed a resolution blocking President Trump’s National Emergency Declaration, which he had sought to use as a means of gaining additional funding to build a border wall.
In a now-divided GOP, 12 Republicans went against Trump to vote with all the Democrats.
President Trump had warned that he would veto the measure if they passed it. Sure enough, within the hour after the vote was announced, the president blasted out his shortest Twitter post ever, with just one word: VETO!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 14, 2019
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Freshman Dem lawmaker argues with Ben Carson during hearing
- BREAKING: Judge decides if Deutsche Bank, Capital One can give Trump financial records to Democrats
- BREAKING: Furious Trump cuts-off talks with Dems, responds to Pelosi’s ‘cover-up’ claim in fiery announcement [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: Pelosi gives her version of explosive meeting with Trump [VIDEO]
- TRUMP TWEETS: Blasts out statement to Dems, ‘thanks’ Pelosi for her ‘prayers’
- POLL: Dems unleash on Trump – Can his presidency survive?
- BREAKING: Two banks have turned Trump’s financial records over to House
- BREAKING: Pelosi speaks after closed-door Dem meeting, makes allegation against Trump [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Trump Surging in Key State; Tops Every Democrat in New SHOCK Poll
- BREAKING: House Intel postpones enforcement action after DOJ offer to share some Mueller files