TRUMP TWEET: Responds to Senate rebuke with one word
In a 59-41 vote on Thursday, the Senate passed a resolution blocking President Trump’s National Emergency Declaration, which he had sought to use as a means of gaining additional funding to build a border wall.
In a now-divided GOP, 12 Republicans went against Trump to vote with all the Democrats.
President Trump had warned that he would veto the measure if they passed it. Sure enough, within the hour after the vote was announced, the president blasted out his shortest Twitter post ever, with just one word: VETO!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 14, 2019
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Head of Warner Bros. steps down amid reports of affair with actress
- REPORT: Santorum: Trump should ‘send emails to a therapist’ instead of tweeting
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez Quietly Removed From Board Of PAC She Controlled
- OpEd: Donna Brazile: Why I am excited to join Fox News
- BREAKING: Florida prosecutors offer deal to drop charges against Robert Kraft
- REPORT: Cause of death released for ‘Young & Restless” star Kristoff St. John
- REPORT: Snorkeling tour scam left teens stranded on ‘snake-infested’ island
- REPORT: Mike Pompeo jokes about Trump firing him
- REPORT: Member Of Left-Wing Group Makes Anti-Semitic Joke While Teaching House Democrats About Anti-Semitism
- REPORT: RNC Addresses Omar’s Op-Ed Calling For A ‘Two-State Solution’