TRUMP TWEET: Challenges CNN in tweet about ISIS
On Sunday, President Donald Trump tweeted about ISIS. He wrote, “The U.S. will soon control 100% of ISIS territory in Syria. @CNN (do you believe this?).”
On Wednesday, in a story titled, “Trump touts gains against ISIS, glosses over Syria withdrawal,” CNN wrote:
In remarks to the Global Coalition to Defeat ISIS ministerial at the State Department Wednesday, the US President touted the territorial gains made against the terror group.
“The United States military, our coalition partners and the Syrian Democratic Forces have liberated virtually all of the territory previously held by ISIS in Syria and Iraq. It should be formally announced sometime probably next week that we will have 100% of the caliphate,” he said before cautioning that he wants “to wait for the official word.”
There is now a proposed plan for the President to possibly make an announcement next week from the White House that the coalition has regained 100% of the territory ISIS once controlled inside Syria, several defense officials say. The timing of the announcement depends on when and if the military tells the White House that the last bit of the very southern tip of Middle Euphrates River Valley is no longer in ISIS’ hands.
The U.S. will soon control 100% of ISIS territory in Syria. @CNN (do you believe this?).
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 10, 2019
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Chris Cuomo Sends Sean Hannity A Message He Can’t Refuse
- REPORT: US Resident Admits Arranging Fraudulent Marriages So Individuals Would Receive Green Cards
- VIDEO: Harris Faulkner Stops Former Clinton Advisor Cold
- REPORT: McCain’s family, McCain Institute announces method to mark anniversary of his death
- VIDEO: Fox News Anchor Fires Back At Trump
- REPORT: Eric Trump shares name of the president’s 10th grandchild [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: White House spokesman rips into media for refusing ‘to call out anti-Semitism’
- VIDEO: Surveillance video shows what happens when illegal aliens try to climb new border wall
- REPORT: Fact Check: Elizabeth Warren Crowd Size Reports May Be Inaccurate | Breitbart
- REPORT: Andrew Cuomo addresses Chris Cuomo ‘Fredo’ rant