RESULTS: Poll shows if Americans will watch Superbowl post national anthem protests
DML News App ran a poll Monday, asking readers if they will watch the Superbowl this year.
The teams squaring off two weeks from now are the San Francisco 49ers and the Kansas City Chiefs. The game will be played in Miami.
The question is, will people tune in?
The NFL has struggled to regain its popularity with fans after years of protests by players who took a knee before the games.
During the national anthem, many African-American players and their teammates took a knee protesting against police brutality.
The results of our poll show that roughly 50% of DML readers will NOT watch the Superbowl, indicating that the NFL is on the mend with viewers now that the protests are over.
Last year we ran a similar poll and the results did not fair as well for the NFL. Nearly 70% in 2019 said they would NOT watch the big game.
The results of our poll ran Monday, January 20, 2020 are below:
Today, DML News App ran a poll asking people if the senate impeachment trial will result in the president being removed from office. You can take the poll by clicking here.
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Black Guns Matter founder mocks potential Bloomberg-Clinton ticket with ‘SUPER’ nickname
- REPORT: Assange lawyer claims Trump offered pardon in exchange for this favor
- Last day for FREE MIRACLE ME MINI
- REPORT: Soros demands ouster of Zuckerberg, Sandberg from Facebook
- First Look At Bloomberg’s Super Bowl Ad
- VIDEO: Meghan McCain gets into fiery spat with Joy Behar over Bloomberg
- VIDEO: Trump speaks out on AG Bill Barr
- VIDEO: Greg Gutfeld speculates on why Bloomberg is ‘getting a pass’
- REPORT: Limbaugh says Trump advised him after Buttigieg remarks
- VIDEO: Jason Chaffetz comments on why ‘deep state’ is ‘scared to death’ of Trump