REPORT: YouTube tags Notre Dame Cathedral fire livestreams with 9/11 info
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
YouTube linked to information about the 9/11 terrorist attacks on livestreams of the Notre Dame Cathedral fire Monday even though officials had not identified the cause of the blaze.
The pages for the streams initially included YouTube’s new information panels right below the video with a brief note and a link to the Encyclopedia Britannica’s article on the 2001 attack. The cause of the fire is unknown.
The article goes on to state the following:
YouTube began rolling out the information panels last month in order to combat conspiracy theories by providing context on controversial topics.
The Hill stated that YouTube has since removed the references to 9/11 from the livestream videos about the Notre Dame Cathedral fire. No information has been reported that the fire has any connection to an attack. Media reports have suggested it may be linked to renovation work taking place on the building, but no official information has been released as to what exactly caused the fire.
“Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris has been largely destroyed today by flames that broke out during a massive renovation project — it is the most visited landmark in Paris and one of the most famous landmarks in the world.”
— CBS Evening News (@CBSEveningNews) April 15, 2019
— Patrick Galey (@patrickgaley) April 15, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) April 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: The Border Wall Fight Just Got To The Supreme Court
- REPORT: Remains found in Oregon believed to be missing “Seinfeld” actor
- VIDEO: Area 51 expert warns what could happen if social media campaign to ‘storm’ top-secret site occurs
- REPORT: Presidential candidate tells House Dems to ‘f–k off’ after attack on AOC’s ally
- BREAKING: Prosecutors reveal more items discovered in Jeffrey Epstein’s locked safe, including fake passport
- BREAKING: Major development in deal between Trump and Guatemala
- TWEET: Trump doubles down after telling Democratic congresswomen to ‘go back’ to their countries
- BREAKING: Trump moves to end asylum protections for most Central Americans
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham weighs in on Trump feud with congresswomen, Trump responds
- BREAKING: Pelosi announces House resolution to condemn Trump’s ‘xenophobic tweets’