REPORT: Yang wants everyone in NYC to get free money, teases of next political move
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Former presidential candidate Andrew Yang said Thursday that he thinks New York City should implement a universal basic income.
The entrepreneur was asked in his “exit interview” in The New York Times whether he thought enacting the primary idea from his campaign in the city would be a good idea.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I think New York City should do a large-scale universal basic income. To me, that seems obvious,” he said.
Yang had based his presidential campaign on the idea of giving everyone a $1,000 monthly “universal basic income.”
After withdrawing from the race Tuesday night, Yang said he would endorse the Democrat candidate who would support the same universal basic income agenda.
In his interview with the New York Times, Yang was asked, “I know you said you will not rule out a run for mayor. Are you getting feelers?”
Yang responded, “Certainly people have been reaching out with various questions about the future, which is invigorating. We’re looking at different ways forward.”
— Jeff Mays (@JeffCMays) February 14, 2020
— The Hill (@thehill) February 14, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Karl Rove: ‘Not so fast’ on narrative that Bernie Sanders is the front-runner
- REPORT: New survey reveals chances of a Sanders-Warren ticket
- VIDEO: McCarthy weighs in on socialism in the 2020 race
- EXCLUSIVE: Clinton accuser Juanita Broaddrick issues statement on Weinstein verdict
- VIDEO: Trump administration rule to restrict green cards for welfare-reliant immigrants takes effect
- VIDEO: Pelosi takes to the streets in San Francisco. Here’s why
- BREAKING: Harvey Weinstein rerouted to hospital on way to jail
- REPORT: NY paper suggests how Democrats may try to get Ocasio-Cortez out of Congress
- VIDEO: Black, gay Republican blasts Jussie Smollett for hate crime hoax
- WATCH: Amazing takedown of suspect by K9 cop