REPORT: Why XFL won’t touch Colin Kaepernick
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Talks between former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick and the XFL broke down because Kaepernick’s salary requirements exceeded what any of the eight teams in the league were willing to pay him.
“We have some pretty significant salary restrictions,” XFL Commissioner Oliver Luck told NPR over the weekend. “We’re a startup league, so we want to make sure that we can be fiscally responsible and fiscally prudent.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Launched this year, the XFL is a professional football league with eight teams in major media markets across the country. The league held its opening slate of games over two days last weekend.
In discussing Kaepernick, Luke reportedly did not say how much the former 49er was asking to be paid, but did confirm it was extremely out of line. “We spoke with his representative, and the salary requirements that were broached in that conversation were exorbitant and certainly out of our range.”
The Relaunch Of XFL https://t.co/vlgpf53Fdf
— NPR Popular (@nprpopular) February 9, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Karl Rove: ‘Not so fast’ on narrative that Bernie Sanders is the front-runner
- REPORT: New survey reveals chances of a Sanders-Warren ticket
- VIDEO: McCarthy weighs in on socialism in the 2020 race
- EXCLUSIVE: Clinton accuser Juanita Broaddrick issues statement on Weinstein verdict
- VIDEO: Trump administration rule to restrict green cards for welfare-reliant immigrants takes effect
- VIDEO: Pelosi takes to the streets in San Francisco. Here’s why
- BREAKING: Harvey Weinstein rerouted to hospital on way to jail
- REPORT: NY paper suggests how Democrats may try to get Ocasio-Cortez out of Congress
- VIDEO: Black, gay Republican blasts Jussie Smollett for hate crime hoax
- WATCH: Amazing takedown of suspect by K9 cop