REPORT: Woman Suing Health Provider For Not Diagnosing Son With Down Syndrome: I Would Have Aborted
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DAILYCALLER.COM:
A mother in the UK is reportedly suing a hospital after they allegedly failed to screen her unborn son for Down Syndrome, saying she would have aborted him if she knew of his condition.
Edyta Mordel is suing the National Health Service (NHS) for £200,000, in a case legally classified as “wrongful birth,” for “increased financial costs of caring for her son and for the impact on her own ability to work,” according to the Mirror.
The article goes on to state the following:
Mordel said she would have aborted her now-four-year-old son Aleksander if she had known he had Down Syndrome while she was pregnant.
Fox 35 Orlando further reports:
“Miss Mordel would have been offered an abortion and she and her partner, Aleksander’s father Lukasz Cieciura, agreed they would have terminated the pregnancy,” Mordel’s lawyer, Clodagh Bradley QC, told the High Court in London, the outlet reported.
Mordel, who is originally from Poland, said she was given the all-clear at 12 weeks into the pregnancy, believing the test had been carried out.
A mother of a 4-year-old son with special needs is suing a hospital alleging they failed to test for the condition, saying otherwise she would’ve had an abortion. https://t.co/D91fmHZfFJ
— Fox 35 News (@Fox35News) July 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DAILYCALLER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting DAILYCALLER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Schiff makes announcement on releasing impeachment inquiry transcripts to the public
- REPORT: Impeachment gets real: McConnell gives Senate Republicans tutorial on Trump trial
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar Continues To Divert Campaign Funds To Alleged Boyfriend’s Company
- VIDEO: Trump called Pelosi a ‘third-rate politician’ during Syria meeting, top Democrats say
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham threatens to become ‘Trump’s worst nightmare’
- BREAKING: 4th defendant in case involving Rudy Giuliani associates arrested at airport
- BREAKING: House votes on resolution rebuking Trump over withdrawal of U.S. forces from Syria
- REPORT: Democratic presidential debate question about Ellen sparks outrage
- VIDEO: Pelosi doubles down on Trump ‘meltdown’: ‘We have to pray for his health’
- Trump Tweets: ‘The Do Nothing Democrats’ and ‘Nervous Nancy’s Unhinged Meltdown’ [PICTURES]