REPORT: Wife of jailed Saudi journalist seeks Trump meeting during DC visit
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The wife of jailed Saudi journalist Raif Badawi is seeking a meeting with President Trump when she visits Washington next week after hearing repeatedly that only Trump can win his release.
Ensaf Haidar’s request comes two months after Trump announced he would not punish Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman for the murder last year of another Saudi journalist, Jamal Khashoggi.
The article goes on to state the following:
But Haider, who lives in Canada with the couple’s three children, said she remains hopeful, with her supporters arguing Trump has an opportunity to do something positive in light of Khashoggi’s murder.
Haidar is visiting Washington to meet with lawmakers, including Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., who have advocated for her husband. In December, the U.S. Senate unanimously passed a resolution condemning the crown prince for ordering Khashoggi’s murder and also condemning Badawi’s detention.
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Former Kirsten Gillibrand staffers want senator to quit presidential campaign
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar Mocks Republicans For ‘Losing Their Minds’
- REPORT: Omar lashes out in Twitter rant after Nadler criticizes her for sharing controversial cartoon
- VIDEO: Susan Boyle performs ‘I Dreamed a Dream’ a Decade After Famed Audition
- REPORT: Border Patrol busts woman with over $20K worth of fentanyl in her underwear
- REPORT: Three ship commanders fired in two days, raising questions about Navy’s ‘zero-error tolerance’ culture
- REPORT: Harris Campaign Brought in Crowd to ‘Boost’ Cheering During Speech
- REPORT: DOJ Makes Stunning Revelation About Federal Arrests of Non-U.S. Citizens in 2018
- BREAKING: Republican announces plan to primary challenge Trump
- OpEd: Ocasio-Cortez has yet another bad idea that makes no sense