REPORT: White House responds to AG Barr’s rebuke of Trump’s Roger Stone tweets
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DAILYCALLER.COM:
President Donald Trump “wasn’t bothered” by Attorney General Bill Barr’s rebuke of his tweets calling for a lighter sentence for his longtime associate Roger Stone, according to White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham.
Barr had said in a Thursday interview with ABC that it was “time to stop the tweeting about Department of Justice criminal cases,” and that such tweets made his job “impossible.” The response was widely seen as a rebuke of Trump’s tweets about Stone’s case.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The President wasn’t bothered by the comments at all and he has the right, just like any American citizen, to publicly offer his opinions. President Trump uses social media very effectively to fight for the American people against injustices in our country, including fake news. The President has full faith and confidence in Attorney General Barr to do his job and uphold the law,” Grisham said in a statement.
The White House responds to AG Bill Barr’s criticisms of President Trump’s tweets pic.twitter.com/4AOAPXLuf4
— Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) February 13, 2020
In an interview with ABC News on Thursday, Barr said, “I think it’s time to stop the tweeting about Department of Justice criminal cases. I’m not going to be bullied or influenced by anybody … whether it’s Congress, a newspaper editorial board, or the president.”
“I’m gonna do what I think is right, and you know… I cannot do my job here at the department with a constant background commentary that undercuts me,” Barr added.
EXCLUSIVE: “I think it’s time to stop the tweeting about Department of Justice criminal cases,” Attorney General Bill Barr tells @PierreTABC following Pres. Trump’s tweets on Roger Stone sentencing. https://t.co/3bf9a1Z5v4 pic.twitter.com/yITwRgzutJ
— ABC News (@ABC) February 13, 2020
— Anders Hagstrom (@Hagstrom_Anders) February 13, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit DAILYCALLER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting DAILYCALLER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Karl Rove: ‘Not so fast’ on narrative that Bernie Sanders is the front-runner
- REPORT: New survey reveals chances of a Sanders-Warren ticket
- VIDEO: McCarthy weighs in on socialism in the 2020 race
- EXCLUSIVE: Clinton accuser Juanita Broaddrick issues statement on Weinstein verdict
- VIDEO: Trump administration rule to restrict green cards for welfare-reliant immigrants takes effect
- VIDEO: Pelosi takes to the streets in San Francisco. Here’s why
- BREAKING: Harvey Weinstein rerouted to hospital on way to jail
- DML LIVE: Trump rocks, Bernie offers fake promises and hides truth
- REPORT: NY paper suggests how Democrats may try to get Ocasio-Cortez out of Congress
- VIDEO: ‘Michelle Obama loved him’: Trump blasts Democrats for relationships with Harvey Weinstein