REPORT: White House issues statement on letter received from Jimmy Carter on China
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
President Trump spoke with former President Carter (D) after the latter wrote a “beautiful letter” about the administration’s ongoing trade negotiations with China, the White House said Monday.
The two men discussed Trump’s views on trade with China and “numerous other topics,” the White House said in a statement.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The President has always liked President Carter and First Lady Rosalynn Carter, and extended his best wishes to them on behalf of the American people,” the White House said.
Carter, 94, told Sunday school attendees a day earlier that he’d received a call from the president and that they’d discussed China. Carter said Trump was concerned that China was “getting ahead of us,” according to the Atlanta NPR affiliate.
WH statement says Jimmy Carter wrote Trump a “beautiful letter” about China trade and that Trump “has always liked President Carter and First Lady Rosalynn Carter.”
Trump said in 2013, 2014 and 2016 that Carter was the worst president ever, before Obama came along. pic.twitter.com/sunVnxiF2i
— Aaron Blake (@AaronBlake) April 15, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) April 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: AOC, Ilhan Omar roll out new label for President Trump
- REPORT: Does this photo prove Trump tormentor’s marriage a sham? Omar with husbands
- VIDEO: McConnell: Trump is ‘on to something’
- VIDEO: Elijah Cummings goes ballistic at DHS head during hearing
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton slams Trump rally: ‘The time has come again’
- REPORT: House Dems Unload On ‘The Squad’ — ‘It Makes People’s Skin Crawl’
- REPORT: Here are the 95 Democrats who voted to support impeachment
- BREAKING: Senator hospitalized after fall
- VIDEO: Trey Gowdy: ‘Nobody cares what Congress does … ‘
- REPORT: New hashtag for Ilhan Omar starts trending after crowd at Trump rally chants ‘Send her back’