REPORT: White House expects GOP defections on impeachment trial decision: Senior White House officials
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by YAHOO.COM:
Washington — The White House is preparing for some Republican senators to join Democrats in voting to call witnesses in President Trump’s impeachment trial, which could get underway in the coming days.
Senior White House officials tell CBS News they increasingly believe that at least four Republicans, and likely more, will vote to call witnesses. In addition to Senators Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Susan Collins of Maine, Mitt Romney of Utah and possibly Cory Gardner of Colorado, the White House also views Rand Paul of Kentucky as a “wild card” and Senator Lamar Alexander of Tennessee as an “institutionalist” who might vote to call witnesses, as one official put it.
The article goes on to state the following:
Last week, Collins said she was working with a “fairly small group” of GOP senators to allow new testimony, adding that her colleagues “should be completely open to calling witnesses.” Romney has expressed an interest in hearing from former national security adviser John Bolton, who has said he would testify under subpoena. Murkowski said last week that the Senate should proceed as it did during the 1999 Clinton impeachment trial.
Sen. Rand Paul (R) tweeted that if his colleagues push for Democrat’s proposed witnesses, he will call for a vote on Hunter Biden’s testimony. (Read his tweet here.)
Wow if accurate https://t.co/IT5hFG2uNj
— Jennifer Rubin (@JRubinBlogger) January 13, 2020
CBS NEWS: “Senior White House officials tell CBS News they increasingly believe that at least four Republicans, and likely more, will vote to call witnesses” in the impeachment trial.https://t.co/SJbMieus3S
— Judd Legum (@JuddLegum) January 13, 2020
Dennis Michael Lynch (DML), founder of DML News App and TeamDML.com,
explains why he disagrees with Steve Bannon about President Trump’s State of the Union Address. This clip is from today’s news broadcast for TeamDML subscribers. If you’re missing out on these daily news programs with DML and Michael Cutler, join today at www.TeamDML.com.
To get more information about this article, please visit YAHOO.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting YAHOO.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: LSU ‘Get the Gat’ video from Trump’s White House tribute goes viral — Twitter abuzz over ‘mystery woman’
- REPORT: Alan Dershowitz makes stunning statement on Trump impeachment acquittal
- VIDEO: Former Acting Attorney General weighs in on impeachment trial
- REPORT: Person who decided to release Strzok-Page texts revealed; Twitter outraged
- Swing voters are furious with Pelosi’s impeachment ‘obsession’
- VIDEO: Senate Democrat responds to possibility of testimony from Hunter Biden
- Video captures ‘creepy’ flying objects that officials can’t explain
- DML: The key to killing impeachment is expose the Dems!
- JUST IN: Trump given plaque to mark important border accomplishment [PICTURE]
- UPDATE: ICE subpoenas sanctuary city over illegal immigrants accused of murder