REPORT: Wheels begin to turn on self-driving car legislation
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Congress has yet to roll out comprehensive legislation that would create federal standards for self-driving cars this year, but the wheels have started turning on new efforts to draw up policy.
Movement on the issue follows pressure from industry groups and agencies that have been pushing for government guidelines to address the testing and use of autonomous vehicles.
The article goes on to state the following:
Both the Senate Commerce Committee and House Energy and Commerce Committee have been soliciting feedback on language for legislation around self-driving cars in recent months, but as of this week, no bills have been introduced this Congress. This lack of legislation contrasts last year’s governing body, when the House passed the Safely Ensuring Lives Future Deployment and Research In Vehicle Evolution (SELF DRIVE) Act within the first year, a bill that would have created federal standards for autonomous vehicles.
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Incredible video of undercover officer disarming man who stole rifle from police
- VIDEO: Dallas business owner trying to defend store beaten and stoned by rioters – DML responds
- BREAKING: Historic church near White House set on fire by rioters [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Professor who predicted Trump’s 2016 win explains who he thinks will win between Trump/Biden
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton launches accusation at Trump about ‘calling for violence’
- Daily Deal: Miracle Me Mini
- REPORT: Sessions Admits Trump’s Frustration With Russia Probe ‘Not All Unjustified’
- VIDEO: Minnesota governor makes announcement authorizing National Guard
- REPORT: Police make terrible discovery at former home of couple arrested in abuse case
- VIDEO: Dozens of volunteers descend on Minneapolis to clean up after riots